Jeff's Naked Rib Rub?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

azjay

Original poster
May 28, 2010
I see a lot of people saying how good the rub and sauce are however are they spicy (hot) my wife cant handle any heat. If they are not hot I will have to save up and purchase.

I don't think the rub is spicy at all but the sauce is a little high on the pepper side for me. Easy enough to just back off on the pepper and cayenne and its great. I would suggest getting it.

I haven't tried the sauce recipe yet but I use the rub quite a bit and it's definitely not hot. I think it's was well worth the money and as rbranstner said, you can always tone it down by backing off on the pepper a bit.

I have both and neither must be hot because I had to add some Everglades Heat and some Cayenne to them.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

cool.gif

It is really good both of them and for heat they aren't hot to me and my wife says it's ok too. She is my thermo meter testing all my rubs and sauces. My heat senors in my mouth are burned out she says so it takes alot for me to taste it. I would start saving up and you'll be happy after all it guaranteed I think.

Cavewoman likes her sauce spicy, whereas I don't.  I do like RB says by altering the recipe slightly & make two batches.  One for me & one for her.  The rub is quite flavorful, IMHO but again, cavewoman likes hers spicy.  The rub is good & the sauce is good as well.  Without giving away any of the ingredients, I will just say that you can always change it according to your tastebuds AZjay but I do believe that they are both well worth the purchase.  Good luck.

Since this is your first post, I would like to welcome you to the SMF. I moved your thread to roll call so that everyone will have the chance to give you a warm welcome. It's all good my friend.

To me, both are mild, maybe a touch of heat in the sauce. The rub is my standard now, though depending on who I'm cooking for, I'll add some heat. Even one lady I know that can't tolerate heat loves the sauce. You really can't go wrong with the purchase.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky