Jambalaya

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Whipped up some Jambalaya for dinner last night. I used the Zatarains for this. If you never used it. Give it a try. It gives great results.

P5150853.JPG

Family sized Zatarains Jambalaya mix.
Jar of medium salsa.
1 tsp red pepper flakes.
1/2 pound or so of:
Precooked chicken seasoned with salt and pepper.
Lil Smokies cut in half
Cooked medium shrimp.
Imitation crab legs, cut in 3/4" pieces.
Cook the Jambalaya according to package directions and add the chicken and sausage.
After 20 minutes. Add the crab legs and shrimp.
Continue cooking until rice is done.
Then add the salsa. And cook until heated.
Let sit for 5 minutes. Plate up and enjoy.

P5150856.JPG

I also use that at times, it aint as good as home made but when your pushed for time its great, nothing wrong with that bowl of goodness , I will throw the little salad shrimp in instead of the larger. I like to get a bite of everything at the same time, Have you tried the Tabasco hot salt? takes very little to perk up a dish.

I also use that at times, it aint as good as home made but when your pushed for time its great, nothing wrong with that bowl of goodness , I will throw the little salad shrimp in instead of the larger. I like to get a bite of everything at the same time, Have you tried the Tabasco hot salt? takes very little to perk up a dish.

I've never heard of Tabasco hot salt. I'll need to look that up.

Looks great Steve!

One thing I do with leftover jambalaya (if there were any leftovers) is to use it for a fatty stuffing.

Looks good Steve.
I never thought to use imitation crab legs. I'll have to try that in my next batch.

Looks great Steve!

One thing I do with leftover jambalaya (if there were any leftovers) is to use it for a fatty stuffing.

Thanks! Now that is a neat idea. Though, we rarely have left overs either. One of my kids stopped by. And scarfed it up.

• Haha
Reactions: uncle eddie
Looks good Steve.
I never thought to use imitation crab legs. I'll have to try that in my next batch.
I prefer lump crab meat. But this does work quite well. The chunk style works as good too.

Last edited:
Looks pretty darned good Steve!! No question the Zatarain's is pretty good for out-of-the-box stuff and you can dress it up like you did and make a really good meal out of it.

Robert

Here ya go Steve. This is an older post but it still brings back some very fond memories

Robert

That looks unreal! Thanks for posting that. I'm way over due to make a fatty.

Boy howdy does that ever bring back some memories Steve. I've never made jambalaya but my mama always had a box or two of Zatarain's in the pantry and would make it a couple of times a year, the whole family loved it. Growing up in CA and being of our ethnic background she'd use Italian sausage and fresh crab and shrimp, seafood used to be dirt cheap when I was kid. She really turned down the heat due to my dad having ulcers, he'd still belch all night. Nice piece of work and a big Like! RAY

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky