Italian Sausage Pizza Fatties

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Thrilled to get the smoker back in action after it’s facelift. Spent several hours at 450F curing the paint. About the 2 1/2 hour mark it quit smelling toxic lol. With limited time I did some fatties since they are a shorter smoke. 2 lbs of Italian sausage stuff pressed out thin on parchment paper.
5B86C776-6594-405A-9609-97344595250A.jpeg
spread a nice layer of Rao pizza sauce on next.
4FED3AA6-5852-4352-A5BF-5BB5FE75D388.jpeg
Freshly sautéed mushrooms and banana peppers next up
D743FAD4-2F20-4693-B69D-4C4CFB92676C.jpeg
Finished off the stuffing with slices of provolone.
93F4A43D-A427-4AAC-9410-73B4CD2218C8.jpeg
Carefully rolled and formed into a loaf
DE30E943-BC99-44FE-B81F-79CE9473C56F.jpeg
. Made a nice bacon weave next. I’ve started putting the weave between sheets of parchment paper and rolling it out with a pin. Really enlarges it for coverage.
4508675F-B6BC-4257-B3D1-DDEFB00A21C8.jpeg
I did this x 3 as I know friends and family will enjoy a little of this. Here’s my little dude trying to get in on the bacon weave lol
1DF5493B-A7D4-4597-B946-96E6230804B6.jpeg
Here they are in the Lang smoking with cherry wood. I’m run around 300F for about 2 1/2 hours.
0C22270C-84A3-457F-851A-F95A0C8B9FA9.jpeg
A3C654C7-6E5F-4540-861B-86E44116A710.jpeg
Here they are fresh out of the smoker. The smell was intoxicating
167DC9EC-B867-4BA2-AA22-ECDE1D143594.jpeg
Served with a nice antipasto of cherry tomato, roasted sweet peppers, pepperocini, pickled artichoke, red onion, kalamata olives, mozzarella , fresh basil and Italian dressing.
DDD0A6F9-3F1F-4FB1-A3B7-252D00E49136.jpeg
3CD15850-333E-402C-9057-FBCA33CF9D9C.jpeg
. Man it sure felt good to fire up the Lang and get some work in. I think the patched diverter plate on the inside really improved draft and fuel efficiency too. This really hit the spot! Thanks for looking.

Wow! That’s how you kick it off! Oh man, that is gorgeous! I’m actually giggling those look so good and I’m happy for you to get that fired up! Great job!

Reactions: jcam222
That looks awesome! Great 1st cook on your Lang! Haven't had a fatty in a long time...gonna have to change that!
Love little dude's pic!

Ryan

What can I say Jeff that I've not already said about one of your posts? It is simply stunning. Leave it to you to take a basic fattie and turn it into a 5-star, magazine quality meal. Another stunning presentation my friend.

Robert

That's an unbelievable looking Fatty.
Best looking Pizza Fatty I've seen!!
Dang that looks Tasty!!
Like.
Can any human concentrate like a Dog can??

On Edit: I'm taking the word of jcam222 jcam222 and chopsaw chopsaw , having just ordered 2 jars of that "RAO's Pizza Sauce", 2 minutes ago.

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw and jcam222
Holy crap Jeff, that's one fine looking fatty. Nice Job

Point for sure
Chris

Wow! That’s how you kick it off! Oh man, that is gorgeous! I’m actually giggling those look so good and I’m happy for you to get that fired up! Great job!
That looks awesome! Great 1st cook on your Lang! Haven't had a fatty in a long time...gonna have to change that!
Love little dude's pic!

Ryan
Delicious looking meal. I haven't done a fatty in too long. Great to hear the Lang is performing.
Thanks for the tip to roll the weave. Never thought of that.

Love the plate up pictures. Great colors.
That looks fantastic!
Great combo of ingredients!
Al
A fine piece of art! That color you got is incredible!
Nice ! Love the flavor combination .
Rao's and Mids . Both great jar sauces .
What can I say Jeff that I've not already said about one of your posts? It is simply stunning. Leave it to you to take a basic fattie and turn it into a 5-star, magazine quality meal. Another stunning presentation my friend.

Robert
View attachment 562407

Man those look good. I put down one or two of them fo sho!
You know.....I've never actually made a fattie... but that is about to change! Awesome looking fattie Jcam!
That's an unbelievable looking Fatty.
Best looking Pizza Fatty I've seen!!
Dang that looks Tasty!!
Like.
Can any human concentrate like a Dog can??

On Edit: I'm taking the word of jcam222 jcam222 and chopsaw chopsaw , having just ordered 2 jars of that "RAO's Pizza Sauce", 2 minutes ago.

Bear
Holy crap Jeff, that's one fine looking fatty. Nice Job

Point for sure
Chris
Man Jeff that looks great! I need to do a fattie soon. Big like
Thanks all for the kind words! These really are amazing. For those of you who haven’t done fatties you need to. Just a boundless amount of variations. I’ve done inside o chicken popper, Italian chicken parm, Philly style , mushroom and Swiss and breakfast style just to name a few.

Oh yeah, looks so good! Great work
That looks outstanding Jeff, very nice! Like the pup pic too!
Another incredible cook Jeff, looks to be a real flavor bomb, great piece of work! RAY
Outstanding!
Thanks guys! It really is flavorful. I’ll do them again for sure. That has been reinforced by my friends and family haha. My buddy there is Oscar. He’s a chocolate mini labradoodle. He and his sister Zoey ( mini goldendoodle) are a source of sanity and joy. Love them like people lol.
CBF7016F-4232-4991-BF33-EDC5806DED05.jpeg

Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky