Insulating A Char-Griller??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The best improvement I made to my Char Griller was to replace the diamond cut cast iron cooking surface with a porcelain coated steel wire rack. The original surface rusted immediately, was impossible to keep clean because of the square profile of the "wires", and the three sections had a 3/4" solid border around them that scorched whatever I was cooking before the rest of it was done. I hated it. It took some research but I found a set of wire racks on Amazon exactly the right front to back dimension and that filled the side to side dimension as well. Happy camper here.

I am also going to order a 4' X 6' felt welding blanket to wrap around it to slow the heat loss when I am smoking meats and veggies in the winter.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky