In Atlanta, GA this week, any good BBQ places to eat?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

howufiga

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
I'm here all week until Sunday. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of BBQ joint here near the city. Trip Advisor recommends Fat Matt's Rib Shack.

Thanks! :)

A local guy told me this was the place to go around here.

http://www.maddysribs.com/

We went tonight and it was pretty good. He did say they boil the ribs though, but it was pretty good.

Try Fox Brother's BBQ.
I think you will like it.

1238 Dekalb Ave
Atlanta, GA 30307

Thanks! I'll see if I can get my co-workers to go to another BBQ place. lol. They both already said no to the Waffle House. I love that place! ;)

Speaking from a Yankee's POV...Waffle House rules.

Just don't eat it if you're on a road trip. Several stops will be necessary if you know what I mean

I live in Atlanta myself and have heard Fatt Matts is good. Only places i would recommend are One Star and Swallow at the Hollow.

Personally though i would say they are both decent, but nothing to write home about.

I havent found a BBQ joint yet that is to die for. Only place like that was back home in Tampa. Those were First Choice BBQ and Big Als BBQ (no longer around).

Been to Fat Matts a couple of times for lunch, I would give it a 7 out of 10 but nobody gets a 10, live music most days I think, Blues/ Jazz?/folk guitarist again a 7 out of 10 on the tunes too (actually I thought the dude was pretty good considering it ain't really my favorite type of tunes)

30 or 40 miles south of Atlanta in Jackson is "Fresh-Air BB-Q" Again maybe a 7 out of ten. Alot of folks swear by Fresh Air and it has a long history

Harolds in Jonesboro is another with a long history and There used to be one by the Fed Penn, kind of near down town Grant park maybe

I am a tough customer, so nobody is going to get a really great reveiw

I wish I would have seen this post earlier

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky