Ringin' In Summer: Smoked Striploin Roast (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
This one was supposed to happen a couple weeks ago but Tracy got sick and we postponed it until yesterday. It's always nice to have friends over to celebrate the changing of seasons. We actually had a Spring this year, which is unusual. Typically it's cold on week and triple digits the next. We've had a couple months of hit or miss weather and it's taken forever for the pool to warm up, but it's finally there so time to do a nice dinner with a few friends. OK David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) you win buddy. This one gets posted :emoji_laughing:

The roast. I got this from Joe at CPB a while back as a concession for an order that was botched by UPS on the delivery. 5# boneless Striploin.
001.jpg

Rubbed with a little Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, and butcher's grind black pepper. SmokinAl SmokinAl will appreciate this :emoji_wink:
002.jpg

Gonna run this low and slow. Smoker is at 200 with lump charcoal and cherry wood. Anticipating about a 4 hour cook. Onto the smoker.
003.jpg

The key to good Q.
004.jpg

Sliced baby 'Bellas, onions, butter, and a dollop of BTB beef base. I also added some garlic and black pepper later.
005.jpg

Rolls ready to go. Brushed with egg wash and sprinkled with minced onion.
006.jpg

Kandi brought an absolutely amazing appetizer spread. This was WAY over the top but oh so good!!
007.jpg

At the 3 hour mark. Nice light crust forming and taking on some color.
008.jpg

Rolls on the grill.
009.jpg

Some folks enjoying the pool. Somebody else has to finish getting dinner ready :emoji_disappointed:
010.jpg

Rick did another Caparese salad with the tomatoes and herbs from his garden that morning.
011.jpg

Kandi was in awe of the appearance and aroma of the roast. She made me stop on the way in so she could take this pic...with juices from the roast running all over the floor. Bianca took care of that though :emoji_laughing:
012.jpg

Sliced up and ready to serve. Looks like I did a decent job on this one.
013.jpg

014.jpg

The whole spread. I also did a big bowl of garlic and herb mashed taters along with some beef gravy. I missed getting the rolls in this pic.
015.jpg

My first plate.
016.jpg

Here ya go David, a nice close up pic of the fly.
017.jpg

The roast was nothing short of spectacular. Juicy, tender, and flavorful beyond belief. I was almost ready to pull the roast at the 4 hour mark but everybody was in the pool having fun so I just let them stay there and dropped the smoker temp to about 140. It was actually on for 5 hours with light cherry smoke wafting over it the entire time. What a fantastic smoke flavor. Subtle but not overlooked in any way. Just a very nicely balanced flavor profile with the perfect smokiness to it. Sorry about the fly. It kinda landed and I didn't see it till I was cleaning up the pics this morning. Oh well, there was plenty for him too :emoji_laughing: Fly or not, this turned out to be a pretty darned good meal. Great friends, beautiful weather, good food, and the perfect environment. These are the things that take it from just being a meal to being an experience. Could not think of a better way to spend a Summer Saturday afternoon. A good time was had by all.

That's it...I'm done. Y'all take care and enjoy the rest of your Sunday afternoon. Time for a cold barley pop and a trip to the pool.

Robert

Another wild hit from the beef master!! Seriously all looks great. I can’t wait until I have fresh tomatoes as my basil is going crazy! Glad Traci is feeling better. Catching the fly in such high resolution! Ha

Beef-man-san, your performance is unmatched! Man, I wish I had a plate of that. Fantastic Robert!

It all Looks Killer. I’m glad Tracy is better. Hide Ricks maters from BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma . Only 1 look allowed this time. caprese salad is my wife’s favorite.

Reactions: smokin peachey
See Robert , we all love the beef and the close ups.:emoji_sunglasses:

Also glad Tracy is feeling better, and the pool sure looks inviting.
Just an outstanding spread and your friends did great with all the sides and trays.

Your plate looks very good mashed and gravy....:emoji_yum::emoji_yum:

And Bianca in for the quick clean up :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: in isle 4

Very good Robert.

David

That meal looks fantastic Robert. Growing up I'd soak the meat juices on the cutting board with a slice of white bread. I called it blood bread and looked forward to every time mom made steak.

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking meal from the apps to end. Love a dinner like that.
Hmm....Maybe I need to feed the police officer across the road more often and work my way into his pool!!!
Jim

Simply beautiful! Outstanding cook and meal sir!

That meal looks fantastic Robert. Growing up I'd soak the meat juices on the cutting board with a slice of white bread. I called it blood bread and looked forward to every time mom made steak.

Point for sure
Chris
Heck when I saw it, I wanted to slurp it up with a straw like I was in miami in the 70's.....:emoji_astonished::emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Great looking meal from the apps to end. Love a dinner like that.
Hmm....Maybe I need to feed the police officer across the road more often and work my way into his pool!!!
Jim
Dont forget to wait 45 minutes to get back into the pool after eating!

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Love the pool pictures! Another stellar meal. Cant wait until farmers market has tomatoes! I may have to make that with store bought. You said your first plate? I would of been down for the count after one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky