If you own a Rolls Royce, this is your smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnmeyer

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 19, 2015
Central Coast, CA
I stopped by a local high-end appliance store today. They had a smoker demonstration set up outside the entrance and some guy was smoking turkey sandwiches. So I stopped, had a bite, and asked some questions.

The smoker was all stainless steel and looked like a BBQ rather than a smoker. It is propane-fueled, has a separate heat control for the smoking compartment (they use a mix of chips, charcoal, and pellets!!) for the smoking chamber. Temperature is controlled via a thermostat that is connected to a control on the propane supply. The guy claimed it regulates to within a few degrees.

I was getting interested and so I asked the price. A fellow standing next to me who'd been listening to my questions guessed $1,200.

Not quite.

The price, just for the smoking unit (and not the stand and shelves) is $2,700. Here's the link:

Lynx Smoker

If you want the whole thing, with the cabinet stand, and shelves, it is closer to $4,000.

Oh yes, the turkey sandwich? Not one trace of smoke taste. Hmmmm ....

But wow, is it a gorgeous piece of equipment.

Last edited:
Nice! I fell in love with Rick Bayless's Kalamazoo 36" Hybrid (gas, wood, charcoal or a combo) Grill/ Smoker. Then I saw the $21,000 price tag. Now not only did I have to give up on ever having a Manage with Alyssa Milano and Kaley Cuoco:rolleyes:, I won't be getting that grill to Play With either...:(...JJ

And here I was feeling like a shirker for wanting to hand slice rather than us a slicer. There's just a certain Primal satisfaction in cutting meat with a flint stone... (Or it's modern stainless steel counter-part.)

I do enjoy looking at the high end available equipment. Always have. I think it is good to see what's out there.

OK, back to my obsidian knife... :D
Ungahwa!;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky