If you don’t have the equipment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 11, 2007
Cumberland Co. PA
Saw this offer at the local Food Processing shop. It’s a Amish shop that reconditions butchering equipment. They do sell new Vacmaster sealers & bags. Thought this to be a interesting offer.
9599563C-2C82-4EF0-AA29-6010CBF1EB9B.jpeg

Now that is cool!!
I would definitely rent it for a day with a bunch of other guys!
How about SMF sausage day!
Al

That a cool idea for sure, but I would hate the maintenance on all that equipment as a rental. People are hard on rental equipment either because they don’t care or they just don’t understand how to properly use the equipment, either way I’d think the upkeep and sanitation of that trailer could be cost prohibitive. Still a cool idea though.

Why would you butcher in a trailer when you can butcher at home. Anything you do in there is probably not approved by the Department of agriculture. You need that little stamp on your product to sell it. If folks wanted to process amongst themselves as a group remotely, I could see it.

Why would you butcher in a trailer when you can butcher at home. Anything you do in there is probably not approved by the Department of agriculture. You need that little stamp on your product to sell it. If folks wanted to process amongst themselves as a group remotely, I could see it.
seems to me that the trailer is for rent
what you do with it is up to you
legal semantics

Reactions: bigfurmn
That’s a pretty cool idea. The cost compared to buying all that stuff is a bargain. If you only do it once in a while this seems great.

It's a great idea so long as you have a walk in cooler to age your beef before processing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky