If you could only eat 3oz. of meat?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mobcounty

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Haha, my lady said I can only take one chin to her High School reunion.

For the last few weeks I have been dieting. Things have been going good, and I lost a few lbs. The rub is, that I can only eat 3oz. of meat a day...

Given this choice, what would you guys suggest I eat?

Thanks for the ideas!
MC

Hmmm, that's a hard one. How much does a smoked rib weigh? You would have to take the bone out before weighing it though. :)

I'd maybe smoke a chuck roast or small pork butt. Then could make sammies with 3 oz in each. Would last you a while
biggrin.gif

Not all meat is the same for calories. I'd tell the wife to give you twice the portion size for white meat poulty and fish vs beef. The rest of the plate should have green veggies on it, and eat as much of those as you like...lol. What you put on them makes the big difference.

How much weight are you trying to lose, long term or just for the reunion?

Maybe go with something where meat can be just a compliment, rather than the focus.

Pork and Beans
Chili (leaning toward a more bean, less meat)
Pot Roast (cube round steak very small, little goes a long way)
Taco's
Chinese Food (or any stir fry, etc)

We had Thai food Saturday that was awesome, and contained very little meat. And it wasn't hot at all, just flavor spices.

Good luck with your dieting

I'd go on Atkins!! I lost about 30 pounds six years ago and have kept it off. You can eat as much as you want as long as it doesn't have bad carbs. Meat and vegies only. No starches. No potatos, bread, pasta, rice, but all the meat you desire. Of course, lean meats are best.
My cholesterol went down too!!
KC

Foie Gras might be perfect!

Haha, I am already doing that for beer!

I'm about 45 away from my goal. I dropped 16 or so in the last two weeks. I was doing really good last year until we went on a 2 week cruise.. errr, and then the holidays came around...

No we are talking! Great idea. My portion will go a long way as an ingredient.

HOHOHOH!!! I wish I had this idea the day she suggested it!

Hrm... I should really look into Atkins. I can't eat carbs on mine, AND I cant eat meat, what the hell.
icon_evil.gif

in 1979, i lost 115 lbs. a bit hard for me. in 1993, i lost 110 lbs. not near as hard. both were very expensive "diets".

Read tag line... and good luck!

David-S

Not to crash anyone's party...but I just read a study that says 1 beer a day adds 1100 calories a week to your diet and 15 pounds a year to your middle! Most alsohol based calories accumulate in your middle.
Boo!
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

Any "study" claiming that certain calories are more apt to deposit fat in specific places is bunk. The body doesn't know one calorie from another. Fat deposits are controlled by genetics. Men tend to get the above the belt fat, women the below the waist fat. Then there are the outliers.

But, unfortunately, yes, beer can be quite high in calories. So, to keep up my beer consumption, I have decided to work out instead of give up beer.

The study centered around fatty liver syndrome, which indeed, places the fatty deposits created from alcohol consumption around the liver, causing the middle to be the focal point of weight gain. I'll try to find it for you and PM you.
KC

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky