Ice Storms

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The majority of it missed us, trees are coated with ice but the roads were not bad this morning. They got hit hard east of us though, South Central KS has a few thousand people with no power this morning.

Wel, I was out at 9 AM for a service call. Was kind of crappy, but now the temps are up around here...rain and melting.We kind of lucked out. Hope it was/is the same in yer neck of the woods Squeezy. My bro's about 40 Min. outta Sarnia, they got it worse..only 40 Mi N of here.

Right at 500,000 out of power here in Tulsa and rural areas surrounding Tulsa.. I have no electricity and to top it off I have power lines hanging dangerously across my driveway.

I guess the worst part is my pecan trees... I lost a big majority of them to the ice.

Sat and watched several of them just topple over yesterday morning.. gonna miss them.

Power companies are estimating 7 to 10 days of no power for most of us.. hope they are wrong about that.

Meanwhile, we are staying at some friends' house and I am sure internet usage will be limited at best.

Everyone stay warm and be patient if there is a problem.. I will do what I can with limited resources.

For work I travel all thru OK, KS, MO, NE, IA! Hope all of you are safe and stay that way.

Spoke with family in St. Joseph, MO and they are ok, but lost a bunch of trees.

Again, stay safe up there during these times.

We lucked out ... just a lot of rain and fog ... supposed to turn to snow around midnight with some ice pellets.
Winter sucks!
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

so far so good here in SW Mich, but I just seen some real bad footage on the national news. I hope it doesn't take the week they are predicting to get these people back on line with power,water, and heat. This is a big storm, and we'll see here tomarrow how it shakes out, when the cold returns.

I hope everyone is safe!

I've got electricity right now so HI! everybody.
smile.gif

I'm doing great, have plenty of heat, food, water.....wine and chocolate.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Just trying to keep the livestock fed and the ice broken on their water.

Hope everyone else is safe and warm.

Glad you got power Cowgirl, hard to imagine what everybody's going thru
since it has been 80° & 81° here the last two days

Whew, no sooner did I upload those pictures and *blink* the lights flickered and power went away! We were only down from 1:30 till 7 though. Still sucks watching your house get darker and darker and knowing that you can't do a damn thing about it.

The precip keeps on falling and now there is a solid ice glaze on the streets. I am keeping it inside for the rest of the night. The winds are starting to pick up which is really making me nervous. The branches are coated in a thick layer of ice and now are swaying! Every time the wind blows you would swear that limbs are crashing down all around. But it is really just the ice cracking from the swaying.

I would take 2 feet of snow over 1/4 inch of ice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky