I just ordered a Lang 36 UPDATE: It's seasoned & ready to go! Photo's on post #81

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Al what are you planning for your first smoke? Short or Long smoke?
I'm thinking something easy like a couple of chickens, or maybe some ribs.

Want to see if I can keep the temps regulated well, before I try something longer.

It's gonna be fun, I just wish the wait wasn't so long. Two more weeks.  
icon_cry.gif

Al

Well your halfway there...Chicken is a good cook.
Once you get your bed of coals established. "Lit chimney of charcoal and about 4 splits"
I'm usually just adding splits every half hour.
I think your going to be impressed with your Lang.

Congrats on the new Q addition Al, good for you ! Be waiting to see some pics of it in action !

Congratulations! What have you been smoking on? Can't wate to see some Q views of the things you smoke on your new Lang. I would love to have one, but first I need to convince my wife that I need one. Any ideas?

Congratulations! What have you been smoking on? Can't wate to see some Q views of the things you smoke on your new Lang. I would love to have one, but first I need to convince my wife that I need one. Any ideas?
Do most of my smoking on a WSM or my trusty Smoke Vault.

I've been wanting a Lang for years & we just spent a fortune remodeling our kitchen & bathroom. This was for my wife. I said now can I have my Lang?

Al

That's the way to do it Al. I'm building my wife a new house to get mine. Im pushing the Lang 36 hybrid so I should be able to get a Bellfab or 36 patio as a compromise. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

This is such good news for me, it sounds like they're running ahead of production. I ordered a Lang 60 Deluxe on May 12th and they told me 4-5 weeks, so hopefully we'll both be getting them pretty quickly. 

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. 

This is such good news for me, it sounds like they're running ahead of production. I ordered a Lang 60 Deluxe on May 12th and they told me 4-5 weeks, so hopefully we'll both be getting them pretty quickly. 

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. 
Yea the wait is definitely tough.

I figure I still have another 2 weeks.

Al

I might have been able to convince my wife to let me order one if I hadn't talked her into letting me trade my 06 Chevy Silverado in for a 2015 Ram Limited last year. Now I have a wet noodle for a pry bar, plus I spent $15,000 on a patio and deck last year. She wants 3 of our 4 bathrooms remodeled and a new kitchen I think I'm hosed until I compleat them

My main smoker is a WSM but for quick no hassle smokes like hamburgers, chicken and sometimes ribs and for finishing large cuts of meat after receiving smoke I rely on my 40" electric Masterbuilt, infact I am thinking about buying another one since I am vetoed for the time being for buying a Lang. I also am thinking about a gas smoker. I started on a $59.00 All-in-one gas smoker that I produced ribs that smelled and tasted like bacon.
It was just a few months ago that I read an article that explained how the combination of steam and propane gas was responsible for that smell and taste that I have never been able to recreate on a charcoal smoker or an electric smoker. I mean who don't like bacon right? I think maybe next year I might be able to talk my wife into a keying me buy a Lang before the yearly yard party when we feed the neahborhood brisket, pulled pork, chicken and ribs.

Randy,

Congrats Al.

You will love the stick burner. Food is so much better on it IMO.

Cant wait to see it.

For a long time I have been wanting to get a Lang.
I like to hang around the smoker & I think tending a fire will be a new challenge.
I am also curious to see what food cooked on a wood fire will taste like.
Now the wait begins, Lang says 3-4 weeks.

Al

I drive past your smoker on the way to work and back from work daily.

The shop they have is beyond a dream come true.

Usually about I would guess 75 grills outside daily. Shipping every weekday.

I've been to the shop 10 or so times. If you saw it you would want it.

Everything there is truly perfect.

They are in Nahunta and I live just over the county line in Pierce County, in Blackshear.

Great investment in my mind.

I am saving.

Frank

Last edited:
I drive past your smoker on the way to work and back from work daily.

The shop they have is beyond a dream come true.

Usually about I would guess 75 grills outside daily. Shipping every weekday.

I've been to the shop 10 or so times. If you saw it you would want it.

Everything there is truly perfect.

They are in Nahunta and I live just over the county line in Pierce County, in Blackshear.

Great investment in my mind.

I am saving.

Frank
Stop in and tell them SmokinAl in Sebring, FL wants his smoker!   
head-wall.gif

Just kidding, I know I have to wait just like everyone else.  
th_crybaby2.gif

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky