I Got Layed Off Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn the luck! Sorry to hear, Ron. Things will get better, just hope it's sooner than later.

Sorry to hear about your job Ron, hang in there. It does seem that some businesses are starting to pickup. The economy is like a freight train, once the momentum has stopped it takes time to get it back up to speed once it's going again. It will come around again...lets just hope sooner than later. One plus to consider, companies are running pretty lean right now, any uptick in business will mean more hiring. Hoping you land into an even better job
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Sorry to hear that Ron. Seems like a common story though everywhere. Even here where I live, home of the Mayo Clinic where the wife works, things are tough. Even the clinic cut jobs, and that is unheard of. Things will get better, they always do.

sorry to hear ron.........i got mine at the beginning of this month after 7 yrs...........

Well, I just read all the replies to this thread, and I want to thank each and everyone for the well wishes and prayers and encouragement, and also for the PMs sent.

Nothing like having an extended family for support. I really appreciate it.

You folks are the best.

Thanks again.

Sorry to hear that doc. I feel your pain. I got word a couple weeks ago that my last day is either dec 1 or Dec. 31. Hope you find something to fill the void.

Sorry to hear about loss of your job. Makes me glad I live up here in ND. The economy hasn't turned down to much up here. Still some places hiring around here. They did shut down the Bobcat plant here. But unemployment is still low here. Hopefully things will start to pickup again for everyone, but I am holding my breath. It will be along time till we are back to where we were before. Hopefull this will wake us all up and make us aware that we are to blame for the state that things are in. Business are trying to make profits and the consumer is trying to buy things for the cheapest or best deal we can get and the workers want higher wages and more or better benefites, its one big circle and one way or another we are all part of it. We are all part of the cause and the solution.

Ron, someone suggested selling barbque and that might be a nice plan. These days so many people are selling BBQ in the wildest places. Here in Austin the Home Depot nearest to me has a family that sets up a grill and drink cart at the exit. They catch both hungry consumers and contractors! Sausage wraps and cokes are easy to make and high margin. Think about it.

I know you will get on your feet and until then you will good. Our prayers are with you. -B

Bummer, sorry to here the bad news Ron. I hope things get better for you real soon!

Thanks for the prayers.

The rules are very tough for that kind of business, not to say the liability, but thanks for the idea.

HANG IN THERE RON...

something will come your way I'm sure.

Sometimes life SUX, you don't have to tell me that one... I learned it the hard way.

I know how ya feel Ron. I've been laid off from The Timken Company since last Feb. I've had to cut back on alot. I even got rid of cable and put up an antenna. I get 14 channels and they are free. Just don't get too involved with The Young and Restless. Ole Sandra's a real itch and Tom: well you get the message.
Really hope your area is more productive than mine and you find something soon.

Ray

Hi Ron,

Just saw this post. Sorry to hear it. Wanted to let you know that I feel your pain. My wife has been out of work over 10 months now. She's gone from middle management marketing to picking up hours at a local bar to try to pickup some extra cash and keep the house.

We keep telling ourselves things will get better and I have to believe it.

We'll keep you in our thoughts.

-Chris

Ron really sorry to hear of your situation. My dad use to say, "when one door closes another opens". Hope you find something better soon.

Sorry to here about this Ron, prayers up for you and the others that have been laid off or are soon to be laid off.

Just saw this post Ron. This is a real bummer. Would've said something different but figured the filters would've stopped me.

This economy sucks for almost everyone. Thoughts and prayers headed your way. Keep an eye on the want ads and craigslist too. Something is bound to come up.

If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone. I was laid off on 11/02/09 and am hurting as well. At least I can still smoke meat because I now qualify for food stamps. I'm just cooking cheaper stuff and hoping something comes along quick...

I'm right there with you brother. I was laid off back in May. At least my wife is still working and I have a small annuity check coming in each month. I'm praying for you man.
frown.gif

Hi Ron. I just seen this post and I know how you feel. I just got laid off on Tuesday and my wife has got to have surgery on Friday. I don't know what I am going to do but I guess we will get through it somehow. My home is paid for so atleast I will have a roof over my head. I might have to burn candles to see at night but I have plenty of wood for the smoker and for heat if needed. I have 35 head of cattle in the pasture so I may have to knock one of them in the head to have something to eat but I quess it could be worse. Take care and we all will get through this one way or another.

Rick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky