I bought an Avocado - now what?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You or somebody else posted a side view pic of a Mexican pizza in another thread. If it was you, here ya go Chris. give this a run:
010.jpg

This one should get David's ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) juices flowing :emoji_laughing:

Robert

ou or somebody else posted a side view pic of a Mexican pizza in another thread. If it was you, here ya go Chris
Yes it was Chris in my Clubhouse pizza post , he showed a pizza he had done Mexican style before.

All I can say about yours with the other green stuff on it is 🤢 🤢 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮

There put that in your guaca, lol

David

Reactions: gmc2003 and chopsaw
Read you thread but decided to let others post before adding my thoughts.
Avocado is OK. Agree with tallbm tallbm that it is best used as a compliment with other dishes. If you decide the flavor and texture (texture is a biggie for me) then the other suggestions may pan out.
For me, I mostly scoop the excess and give to my wife.

Reactions: gmc2003 and tallbm
LOL, aka I was referring to making into a "zombie" target, if you add a tomato or two with it then you get red and green confirmation of a hit target.

I can only do avocado on guacamole dip and sushi, any other form its a no go for me.....
Thanks for the clarification Civil. My first thought was that it was some kind of military special forces type of black powder to incinerate the enemies.
Nato version of the domestic 2.43 seasoning . They eat the same .

I was a no go on the guac too . My Sons been making it and it's killer . He does it all in a mortar and pestle . He nagged me until I tried it , it was really good . Probably because it didn't taste like avocado .
Appreciate it Rich, I want to stick to something straight forward and simple. No one in my family eats avocado that I know of.

I just love haas avocados, the Florida avocados are not as good. My favorite way is to half them, remove the pit, and fill the hole with Kraft tangy bacon Catalina dressing. I could eat those all day long! Might have to refill the hole a couple of times, that dressing is just perfect for avocados.
Al
I like that sound of that dressing Al. I'll look for it next time I'm in the grocer.
I will have too find that dressing, I like the regular Catalina so bacon can only make it better.
Same here Cliff
Oops. My bad, Chris. Poor clarity on my part.

The annual fee the group paid him basically meant they owned the trees for the year, including the harvest. Since he had zero interest in the trees, the fee, which was low 5 figures, was just fun money to him. He was happy not to have the water bill or a thirty-tree orchard full of rotting fruit. Win-win for all involved...except me and my access to free avocados.

Ray
Now that sounds like a sweet heart deal. Good for you friend Ray
Having some raw on a salad or toast is number 1for you to try. They are magnificent on a nice grilled chicken sandwich or even a chicken salad sandwich.
I'm leaning towards putting half on a chicken tako as previously menttioned, and trying the other half striaght up Jeff.
I've read that you can store them underwater to eliminate the browning. I've not tried it as usually I consume it all
Sort of the Jacque Cousteau effect.

You or somebody else posted a side view pic of a Mexican pizza in another thread. If it was you, here ya go Chris. give this a run:
View attachment 677070
This one should get David's ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) juices flowing :emoji_laughing:

Robert
That looks real good Robert. Next time I make the Mexican pizza I may toss an Avocado on it.
Yes it was Chris in my Clubhouse pizza post , he showed a pizza he had done Mexican style before.

All I can say about yours with the other green stuff on it is 🤢 🤢 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮

There put that in your guaca, lol

David
LOL
Yeah I like avocados but I don't know about that one
You never know until you try!!!
This one's for you DRKsmoking DRKsmoking !!!

I love it. All it's missing is a good Van Halen riff.
Read you thread but decided to let others post before adding my thoughts.
Avocado is OK. Agree with tallbm tallbm that it is best used as a compliment with other dishes. If you decide the flavor and texture (texture is a biggie for me) then the other suggestions may pan out.
For me, I mostly scoop the excess and give to my wife.
That's what I'm thinking also
Best Avocado in the world

Thanks Keith , That was funny.
Now that is stuck in my head for the day. :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: 🤢

David
Sort of reminds me of the chipmunks or a Tiny Tim song. Tip toe thru the Tulips
I like it on quesadillas. This was from tonight.
View attachment 677139
Looks pretty darn tasty to me
Guacamole and...
Looks really good sarge

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
gmc2003 gmc2003
Was there a final verdict? Did I miss it?

Damn I thought this thread would have been forgotten by now. I should have known better. Well it was totally disgusting. After waiting for what seemed like forever for it to ripen. I finally sliced into it, and gave it a try. I basically spit it out almost immediately. Bland with a poor mouth feel. Kind of like mushy mushrooms. If I were ever stranded on a desert island with only avocados to eat. I think I'd starve to death. For you avocado lovers out there. I can safely say your stash is safe with me.

Chris

Damn I thought this thread would have been forgotten by now. I should have known better. Well it was totally disgusting. After waiting for what seemed like forever for it to ripen. I finally sliced into it, and gave it a try. I basically spit it out almost immediately. Bland with a poor mouth feel. Kind of like mushy mushrooms. If I were ever stranded on a desert island with only avocados to eat. I think I'd starve to death. For you avocado lovers out there. I can safely say your stash is safe with me.

Chris
Yeah I could see that happening for you. It would be kinda like finding butter for the 1st time and cutting a cube and biting into it lol.

For a long portion of my life I thought guacamole sucked, but that was because people didn't know what they were doing. Then I tasted a great one and was like WOW, what the heck was everyone else doing to it!? :D

Good on you for adventuring out to something else. We don't know things until we push ourselves a little to experience new things :D

Reactions: gmc2003
My wife eats them. Me, not so much
I guess I'm pretty lucky. Neither my wife or I like it.
That’s funny Chris. Lol to bad you didn’t like them. Was worth the try.
Mom always told me to at least try something once before you decide if you like it or not. I tried, but I couldn't like it.
Yeah I could see that happening for you. It would be kinda like finding butter for the 1st time and cutting a cube and biting into it lol.

For a long portion of my life I thought guacamole sucked, but that was because people didn't know what they were doing. Then I tasted a great one and was like WOW, what the heck was everyone else doing to it!? :D

Good on you for adventuring out to something else. We don't know things until we push ourselves a little to experience new things :D
Finding a good guacamole in the North East is like finding a specific grain of sand in the Atlantic. It's just not gonna happen.

I was brought up to at least try something once before making a decision if I like it or not. Most things I'll give at least two tries. Guac may be the exception.

Chris

C’mon Chris,,,,,,, I had to know. I really was hoping for better results but the truth is what it is. Never know until you try. So far I have mushrooms and avocado as a big NO for you, that’s useful information. Both of which I love btw, so there you go. I think we are bonding.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky