Hurricane Irma!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
biggrin.gif
Glad to hear you both are OK now stack up that wood for that smoker.

Man I thought my computer was broken when I turned it on and there was no Al.

Glad your safe

Warren

Glad to see you survived "The Nuclear Hurricane" as one of the mayor's called it. Sounds like you came out generally unscathed and you still have each other. Luckily my buddy on Big Pine Key got out days before mass evacuation from the keys started,from limited info, has nothing but an empty lot now and no idea when he's going back. Friends in Orlando area never lost power. Strange storm.
Wimpy, Sorry about your friend on the Keys. It would probably be expensive, but do they even sell Hurricane insurance? Looks like Jose is ramping up for east coast Be careful.

Chris

Still cleaning up down here. Gas & water are easier to get, but not much food in the grocery stores.

NO dairy or frozen food at all at Walmart.

Gonna give Publix a try early tomorrow morning.

Was gonna stop there today, but there wasn't any available parking spots, so I think they must have dairy & frozen foods.

Looks like there are a couple of more storms coming off the African coast heading toward us too!

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 35 years before moving inland, thinking I wouldn't have to worry about hurricanes anymore.

100% of Highlands County residents lost power, and I'm one of the few to have it back. Thank you Lord!!!

Al

Al.. glad to see/hear you made it through safely... lucky for us we never lost power... only damage is some shingles blowed off (needed new roof anyways) ... wish I knew you needed gas... I still have 25 gallons (for gen set) ... anywho... glad you guys are ok...

Still cleaning up down here. Gas & water are easier to get, but not much food in the grocery stores.

NO dairy or frozen food at all at Walmart.

Gonna give Publix a try early tomorrow morning.

Was gonna stop there today, but there wasn't any available parking spots, so I think they must have dairy & frozen foods.

Looks like there are a couple of more storms coming off the African coast heading toward us too!

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 35 years before moving inland, thinking I wouldn't have to worry about hurricanes anymore.

100% of Highlands County residents lost power, and I'm one of the few to have it back. Thank you Lord!!!

Al
Glad you guys are well, Al. My mom in-law in Naples still has no power as of today.

T.S. Maria has "rain bands in all four quadrants" according to the NHC. It will be traveling under a mid level ridge over "favorable" conditions for strengthening. I would keep my on this as it could be a repeat of Irma's performance if conditions don't change.

Well I just got electricity & internet back.
Our house didn't get any damage, but all the trees around it did & I have been cleaning  up the mess for 3 days. We had no elec, gas, food,or water. But Luckily I had a stash & just about the time my generator was going to run out of gas a friend of mine over on the West coast showed up with 20 gallons of fuel. When that ran out we went up to Winter haven, about 45 miles, because we heard they had fuel. I had enough to get there but not to get back if we didn't get any. We passed a bunch of gas stations that were closed, & finally found one with fuel. So I filled up the car & gas cans & we were set for a couple of more days. So it's all good now. 
Thanks to all you guys who were thinking of me & all my Florida brothers!

Al

Great to hear Judy & yourself are okay Al! You've sure been in our prayers!

I missed this conversation; Glad to hear everyone faired well. We had about the same hear, lost power for 3 days and a major landscape clean-up. Not everyone in Fla was so lucky.

Craig

Thank you all for your kind words, prayers, & support.

I can only hope that everyone affected by this storm came out OK.

I can't believe I'm still cleaning up this mess, but I'm an old fart & I need to take a few beer breaks while I clean up!!

I think I will be done by tomorrow & hopefully life will be back to normal soon.

Thank God I had a generator & 2 fridges & freezers full of smoked goodies, & some frozen meat just begging to be smoked or grilled.

It looks like there are a couple more storms coming on the same path so I may be repeating this again in a week or so.

The only good thing is everything that could be blown down is already down, so there won't be as much cleanup!

Al

Glad you and yours are doing better down there Al.  Here in Houston the flood folks are still having to deal with destroyed homes and cars.  There were something like 800,000 vehicles ruined in the Harvey event and only about 3-400,000 available for purchase in the vicinity.  One of my car sales buddies is working 10-12 hour days and sells more than he has.  Guess there's a silver lining in every dark cloud.

Know what you mean about the grocery situation.  We had to wait in line 45 minutes just to GET IN the store, then had slim pickings once in there.  It's amazing how much we take for granted in our modern world until we have to go without.  Almost makes you want to join a survivor group, lol.  

Anyway glad your back, healthy and working toward a degree of normalcy.  Peace brother !! 

I guess you're all cleaned up now, Al !! 
icon14.gif

Just glad you & Judy & the rest made it through that Beast !!

Now it's time to put some Great Smokes up for us to gaze at !! 
drool.gif

Bear

I guess you're all cleaned up now, Al !! 
icon14.gif

Just glad you & Judy & the rest made it through that Beast !!

Now it's time to put some Great Smokes up for us to gaze at !! 
drool.gif

Bear
Maybe in a week or two after I figure out the new format.

I'm beat, and I just want to chill out with a beer or a glass of Scotch.

Our Grandson is here, so he's cooking for us tonight. Some kind of gourmet feast.

I finally finished the cleanup today, but the County still hasn't picked up any of the hurricane trash.

It's starting to rot & smell, not a good situation.

Al

Hey Al I heard you can buy a can of fresh air.....
biggrin.gif

Chris

Our Grandson is here, so he's cooking for us tonight. Some kind of gourmet feast.

I finally finished the cleanup today, but the County still hasn't picked up any of the hurricane trash.

Al
Take your time AL!  CHILL!  Things will get better, glad y'all are Okay.

Mike

Al
Didn't mean to Rush you Al !!

Take your time Recouping & Re-Hydrating!!!

Just give me a Yell, so I don't miss it !!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky