Howdy all.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

James Fay

Original poster
Oct 14, 2017
Fremont, California
New to smoking, raised on the central coast of California. Tri-Tip - Favorite meat......
Have a new Smokin It model #2 and looking to have some fun with this system. So far so good.
Tri-Tip first smoke - not to bad, definitely need more practice on cook times for different meats.
London Broil - second Smoke - Over Cooked, but delicious......

Will get this nailed with the help from you great people on this forum.

James, welcome to SMF! Glad you're here and smoking the most ubiquitous meat here in California, Tri Tip.

Practice, practice, practice, followed by eating, eating, eating. Such a great way to spend a day.

Enjoy the forum!

Ray

20171004_144623.jpg Welcome James and don't be shy of sharing a pic of your setup either. I'm a 2 month smokin newbie myself. My first smoke was a chuck roast, 2nd was a beef brisket and last was bi pork chops and mac and cheese. OMG James I have never had great mac and cheese before til I had it smoked oh was it ever so good with a nice smokey color on top now gotta have it as my sides for all my future smokes. Here's my setup here an offset Rivergrille Cattlemans grill with side firebox.

Last edited:
texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a beautiful sunny and cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky