How would you cook this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS

Home Place Pastures is local to me and raise and process all their own meat. Saw this on their website and trying to see how best to cook something like this. Thanks for any Info.
Jim

I personally would smoke it till it reaches IT of 205°. Or sous vide for about 24 hours and sear it off to finish.

Reactions: JLeonard
If the piece of meat you get matches the picture then that is mostly the Point muscle. I would smoke it like a brisket until tender. It should give you no problems because the point is super simple and my favorite part of the brisket.

If they give you mostly a flat (not shown in the picture) I would smoke it more like a flat or a chuck roast which usually involves steps to wrap and steps to keep it from drying out :)

If the piece of meat you get matches the picture then that is mostly the Point muscle. I would smoke it like a brisket until tender. It should give you no problems because the point is super simple and my favorite part of the brisket.

If they give you mostly a flat (not shown in the picture) I would smoke it more like a flat or a chuck roast which usually involves steps to wrap and steps to keep it from drying out :)
Thanks you Sir! Was kinda what I was thinking.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky