How to Smoke Pork Overnight

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm with the Saturday crowd. I don't know what you've tried in it yet (ribs? chicken?anything?) but if you have you should have some idea about how much fuel you'll use. I only use charcoal to get the wood going so I don't know how much charcoal you'd need. 12 to 15 "sticks" usually gets me through an 8# butt and they're usually done in 7 to 9 hours, but my smoker likes to run between 260 and 280 and I don't know what yours is happy with. Once you get it going you'll have to babysit it, adjusting vents and doors, etc....
Heed Baxter's advice because I believe he's a professional.
Lastly don't diss your equipment. I've had a $300 CharGriller model 8125 "Competition Pro" for 4 years now and I'd match most of my Q with any $1000 smoker, though I might have to work a little harder at it.....
View attachment 439478

Good luck sir and welcome to the Forum ;-)

Haha smokeymose I’m far from a professional but I appreciate it!

Also, I agree with SmokerJim. I’ve tried with and without mustard, can’t tell the difference. It’s just to help the rub stick but it’s not necessary. I save my money and skip it. The flavor gets lost after absorbing the smoke.

Haha smokeymose I’m far from a professional but I appreciate it!

Also, I agree with SmokerJim. I’ve tried with and without mustard, can’t tell the difference. It’s just to help the rub stick but it’s not necessary. I save my money and skip it. The flavor gets lost after absorbing the smoke.
I'm mistaken again! I thought you had a couple of BBQ joints.
Oh well...

I'm mistaken again! I thought you had a couple of BBQ joints.
Oh well...

I have a couple places, good memory man! I’m surprised you remember that info from previous posts! Neither are BBQ but I’m working on converting one right now while they’re shut down do to the virus.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky