How Many Mes Owners Here?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which One Do You Have?

• 40'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40' with window

• 40' 800 watt

• I like it a lot

• Where did you buy it?

• Sams Club

• Other please list where in a post

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

For the most part, love it.  I did purchase the "cold smoker" and it had to be replaced soon after purchase.  I waited for months, but the replacement unit is still working after several months.  I use a remote thermometer which seems to be a good idea.  The digital display, I have the unit with the one on the rear of the smoker, has lost a few bars.  Is it guaranteed for life?  I have had the unit for less than a year.  Does anyone know if they will replace it???
Hey Mnettsman...

I your MES is less than a year old, Masterbuilt will repair/replace pretty much anything. Once you're past a year, it's a different story, although I have heard of them replacing some things outside of a year. Contact Masterbuilt customer service...I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out.

My 30" MES quit on me the last time I used it. I took the back cover off and found some burnt wires. I cut off the end connector and replaced it. The "blade" on the end of the burner looks thin but it works (for a while anyway). I thought I purchased mine after the "fixes" ...guess not. I can see a new burner purchase in my future.

The Masterbuilt table that is made for the 30 is about the best money you can spend for it, especially if you can stumble across a combo deal like I did which made the table basically free. If nothing else it saves your back when you're trying to load those heavy trays of meat into the smoker. You can always just set it up on a table or something I guess but the table is pretty sharp looking and fits the smoker perfectly.

The Cold Smoke attachment is a very close second, although I don't use it for cold smoking since I got an AMNS. It's really nice to maintain longer smokes (ups the smoke time from an hour or so to six hours or so).

I'd also recommend, like just about everyone else, getting an AMNS. It's a handy little thing to have if you want to cold smoke or just don't want to mess with the chip tray at all.

Last edited:
Hey guys, hello from Lakeland FL. I love my MES 30. It is new and I just purchased it at Bass Pro. I have been really reading a lot about the art of smoking and did my 1st smoke 3 days ago. skinless chick thighs wrapped in bacon. I used a couple of different recipes I had found. I soaked thighs in buttermilk about 6 hrs and then seasoned with sea salt and a rub I found call Simon and Garfunkel. They turned out great. I filled the top shelf with Hebrew National Dogs and everything went smooth. I cranked up the heat initially to 275 to account for the door being open to load all if it then when the oven thermo I had inside that I could see through the window read 240 I turned temp down to 240 and let I go for apprx. 2 1/2 hrs till thighs read 245 on my instant read thermo. They had good smoke flavor and were not dry at all. The dogs were also smoky tasting and great. The only thing is, while eating all of the good grub I remembered I had never filled the water pan. If I had not read the forum I would not have had such good results as the temp gauge and meat probe were off. Thank everyone for sharing your knowledge...Tim

I've had one for 2 months. On my 4th smoke with it and it stopped working. Shorts the GFI. I tried different circuits and it does the same thing. Bummed big time. Wiring etc all looks like brand new (cause it is!)

I've had one for 2 months. On my 4th smoke with it and it stopped working. Shorts the GFI. I tried different circuits and it does the same thing. Bummed big time. Wiring etc all looks like brand new (cause it is!)
Extension cord??

If not, Give Masterbuilt a call.

They'll help you out.

Bear

I got with MB. They said something is going on with the body. I had to cut the cord off and send it along with the serial plates on the back to them and they'll send new body.

I got mine at Lowes as well. Model 20071514.

Mine was about 1 1/5 yrs old. Puchased at Home Depot. Had no receipt for the purchase and Masterbuilt sent me new parts twice and third time they sent me a new electric smoker. Original was dual fuel (JUNK BAD DESIGN  on burner system)

The Masterbuilt table that is made for the 30 is about the best money you can spend for it, especially if you can stumble across a combo deal like I did which made the table basically free. If nothing else it saves your back when you're trying to load those heavy trays of meat into the smoker. You can always just set it up on a table or something I guess but the table is pretty sharp looking and fits the smoker perfectly.

The Cold Smoke attachment is a very close second, although I don't use it for cold smoking since I got an AMNS. It's really nice to maintain longer smokes (ups the smoke time from an hour or so to six hours or so).

I'd also recommend, like just about everyone else, getting an AMNS. It's a handy little thing to have if you want to cold smoke or just don't want to mess with the chip tray at all.
I'd like to hear more about this table.  Anyone know where I can get one.  I searched the Website and Googled it and can't find it anywhere.  I've been thinking I need to build something to raise my MES30 up off the ground.  

Had my MES 30 analog since December now, use it a lot and love it! Only problem is now that it's broke in I am running through chips every 30-4 minutes.. as they are turning into black charcoal.   Bought an AMNPS few weeks ago and been meaning to fix it.  The the pin holding my door latch broke the other night (which is very simple fix).  But that gives me an excuse to pull the trigger & find some bits to drill holes for more air + mailbox mod, while it's already out of commission... I may also get some sealant for around the door, lots of smoke flows out of it when it actually does smoke.  

I got with MB. They said something is going on with the body. I had to cut the cord off and send it along with the serial plates on the back to them and they'll send new body.

I got mine at Lowes as well. Model 20071514.
Hey that's great, now you'll have one for hot smoking and one for cold smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky