How Many Mes Owners Here?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which One Do You Have?

• 40'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40' with window

• 40' 800 watt

• I like it a lot

• Where did you buy it?

• Sams Club

• Other please list where in a post

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

I'd like to hear more about this table.  Anyone know where I can get one.  I searched the Website and Googled it and can't find it anywhere.  I've been thinking I need to build something to raise my MES30 up off the ground.  
I ordered mine when they were on sale through Home Depot. They come with bolts to attach the smoker  to the stand if you have one of the newer 30" models (the one with the extend base on the front) but if you use the old (gen 1) model you use the bolts that you take off the bottom of it. Sure makes a big difference when you have some big stuff to put in there or when you have to use one of those instant read thermometer that you don't leave in the smoker. Or, if you are like me with bad knees and back.

Reactions: lanshark42
I have an MES 30" with window and while I was smoking some bacon this last weekend, the wood in the smoke chamber was not smoking after the first application. First time it has happened since I bought it. Has an yone had this happen where the wood goes in the smoke box, but doesn't smoke?

I have an MES 30" with window and while I was smoking some bacon this last weekend, the wood in the smoke chamber was not smoking after the first application. First time it has happened since I bought it. Has an yone had this happen where the wood goes in the smoke box, but doesn't smoke?
LOL---Happens all the time!!

Most MES owners use one of these all the time. Gives you perfect smoke for up to 11 straight hours, without touching it.

Link:

http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMNPS5X8

Bear

This will happen too if you wait until the first wood and completely gone out before you add the second application. I find it works best to make sure you add your next load while there is still some red ambers going from the previous load. If you wait until it goes completely out the ashes sometimes insulate the new wood from the heat of the pan and won't ignite as well. Also, make sure that when you are done with the smoke that you remove all your previous ash from the wood tray before starting another smoke.

I have a 10 year old 30" 1st gen. Temps really getting wild.

Gonna build me a electric smoker.

Loved it while I had it thou.

Here is one you can get at Walmart.  It would be nicer if it had some wheels.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Masterbuilt-30-Digital-Electric-Smoker-Stand/22172494
This is the one I have. Wheels would be nice but I have moving dollies it fits on so I just pick it up and roll it when I need to move it.

The only thing I don't like about it is a lack of space for the cold smoke attachment to sit on. I'm moving more and more to using my AMNPS all the time because of this.

Last edited:
I ordered the MES 0910 Digital 30" smoker from Amazon for $159 w/ free shipping about a week ago.  I was so pumped about getting it so quick that I seasoned it the first night I got it.  Everything seemed to work without a hitch.

Yesterday, I gave it it's maiden voyage and it worked great.  I also purchased the AMNPS so I wouldn't have to reload the chip tray as often and it also worked nicely.  The MES chip tray puts out a LOT of smoke when loaded and the AMNPS is less so, but still puts out a consistent thin smoke, does fine.  I also use the Polder meat thermometer to check the progress of cooking, and it worked nicely also.

Overall, I am pleased with my purchase.  Yeah, a window would be nice, but I can live without it.  No problems producing smoke like others seem to have.  The digital readout kept temperature swings to +/- 4*F (hard to read in bright sun tho).  And it seemed to maintain a temperature that was accurate, according to the oven thermometer inside the smoker.

Glad I bought it (and so is the wife) and would recommend MES to others.

I ordered the MES 0910 Digital 30" smoker from Amazon for $159 w/ free shipping about a week ago.  I was so pumped about getting it so quick that I seasoned it the first night I got it.  Everything seemed to work without a hitch.

Yesterday, I gave it it's maiden voyage and it worked great.  I also purchased the AMNPS so I wouldn't have to reload the chip tray as often and it also worked nicely.  The MES chip tray puts out a LOT of smoke when loaded and the AMNPS is less so, but still puts out a consistent thin smoke, does fine.  I also use the Polder meat thermometer to check the progress of cooking, and it worked nicely also.

Overall, I am pleased with my purchase.  Yeah, a window would be nice, but I can live without it.  No problems producing smoke like others seem to have.  The digital readout kept temperature swings to +/- 4*F (hard to read in bright sun tho).  And it seemed to maintain a temperature that was accurate, according to the oven thermometer inside the smoker.

That's Great !!!
icon14.gif

Glad you're having a Great time, and it sounds like you learn really fast.

Welcome Docktoo!!

Bear

As for the window, IMHO you aren't missing much there.  Within minutes of getting to temperature, between the smoke, steam, and general crud from the smoking process, the window becomes useless.  YMMV

Hey Docktoo, welcome to the forum. I am new to smoking also and have learned everything I know from the members here, It is a very valuable tool, if you search you can find discussions on anything to do with smoking. I also have a MES 30 and love it.

I see you are from southern Indiana. I grew up in a little town in southern IN called Jasonville, home of Shackamac State Park.

Glad your chicken turned out good and your wife liked it, that is always a plus with any hobby. Keep smoken...Tim

I started smoking back in June 2014. I purchased my MES from Sears and I absolutely love it! While I consider this a great device for a beginner such as myself, I will be looking to upgrade to a better device some time next year. Since I have started smoking, I have figured out the best rubs (purchased) for my family's pallet, the right amount of smoking time as well as our favorite type of wood to use, and also have developed my own special BBQ sauce which is nothing more than a combination of two different sauces with added honey.

I used to grill all the time before I purchased the smoker, but now I hardly even turn the thing on
grilling_smilie.gif
. I found this site not long after I purchased the smoker and it has been truly an invaluable site for information, ideas, and instructions.

Thanks to all that contribute here, you help make us all better at our craft.

I've had my 30" MES for about a year now. After having a charcoal smoker, then a propane smoker, the MES makes life so much easier. The digital control seems to function well and now I have determined that the temp on the smoker is about 10 degrees less than actual, I have had no issues and in fact have done more smoking than with all my older smokers put together.

To make it even better, I bought the MES cold smoke attachment, initially to cold smoke cheese, but I have found it is great for everything. Certainly reduces the amount of attention I need to spend monitoring the smoker. I've done ribs, summer sausage, beef sticks, slim jims and a turkey, some I've posted.

Can't say enough good about the MES!

Since it seemed that Amazon had their lowest price on the 30" MES in quite some time and I'd been reading this site way too much I bought mine about 2 weeks ago for $159. It did seem to take a bit of a drag somewhere as there was a hole in the box and a scrape on the case right where the digital panel connects.

But since it was destined to be outside and likely dusty and messy I didn't let that stop me from seasoning it and smoking my first piece of meat. A nice tri-tip that seemed to come out alright as a first attempt.

This weekend I plan on trying ribs maybe on Friday and if I get too ambitious pulled pork on Sunday. I have to be careful reading this site far too many ideas.

Since it seemed that Amazon had their lowest price on the 30" MES in quite some time and I'd been reading this site way too much I bought mine about 2 weeks ago for $159. It did seem to take a bit of a drag somewhere as there was a hole in the box and a scrape on the case right where the digital panel connects.

But since it was destined to be outside and likely dusty and messy I didn't let that stop me from seasoning it and smoking my first piece of meat. A nice tri-tip that seemed to come out alright as a first attempt.

This weekend I plan on trying ribs maybe on Friday and if I get too ambitious pulled pork on Sunday. I have to be careful reading this site far too many ideas.
Hi grumblecat !!  
welcome1.gif

Here's some more ideas for you: Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

hellooo fellow smokers,,,,,i have question,,,,how do I put a pellet feeder on my mes smoker????where do I put it?? anyone have any pics of it??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky