• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How High?

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinberto

Fire Starter
Jan 4, 2013
Ok I'm in the process of incorporating my side fire box on my Master Built Gasser, couple questions,#1 how far above the flame should I put the hole for the smoke inlet? #2 I'll be using a mailbox, what kind of ventilation do I need? or do most just use the door as a damper? I'll post some pics when I get it put together
bluesbros.gif

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Berto, morning....  The height is subjective....  visualize the flame and smoke interaction inside the smoker... the smoke can be routed past the flame using a divider or duct or whatever....  mods are individualized....   the end result should be smoke not coming in contact with the flame, where it will be "consumed"....   Now, that is vague at best....  sorry.... It's the theory that counts...   Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky