Homemade Corned Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
I had the idea to make my own Corned beef for St. Patricks day this year and with the help of this site (reading) and Dave Omak (thanks a lot Dave!) made probably the best corned beef I have ever had.

I started with a 13lb brisket and trimmed it down to 8.5 lbs. I let it sit in brine it for 7 days (all the time I had) in a cooler as I got luck (if you can call it that) and the temps dropped in Michigan. I checked it every morning and held 29° to 34° all week.

Here it is sliced up.

Here it is plated with some cabbage and taters.

This as I said was fantastic.

Thanks for looking.

Link

Thanks Al,

I was a little surprised at how good it was. You are correct, you cannot beat homemade.

Link 

Yep, homemade is not only good, but you walk a little taller knowing it was all your effort that got it to the table.

That one looks like it needs to come my direction!

You also had a good mentor, Dave knows his stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky