Hi

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

niteman74

Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Hello , I have been backyard smoking ribs and butts for about 4 years using a Brinkman Smoke n Grill (lots of work). To my surprise, my wife went and got me a GOSM a few days ago. I seasoned it last night and am fixing to fire it up in a few minutes. I am excited....lol. I read how much easier a gasser is and I have wanted one for the past 2 years.

IThis is a great forum, thanks for all the tips and reviews. They have helped me out a great deal.

Last edited:
Welcome to SMF from a Canadian neighbour.
Lots of good folks here.
Feel free to ask any question.
Also sign up for Jeff's free 5 day ecourse.
He also has free pdf files to download with lots of info.
Even one on your new GOSM.

PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

After the first hour I love my GOSM. I love the control over the temp. It is in the forcast to rain here so it will be a true test.

While I loved my old Brinkmann charcoal smoker, it just couldn't hold a temp if anything went wrong ..rain, cold etc ... Or I didn't know what I was doing.

I agree with most members in here though ...The GOSM needs a bigger smoke box...I think I am going to get me a loaf or cake pan to try to go longer before having to add more.

Also, I see what everyone means by "Thin Blue Smoke". I never realised it was blue until now. Now I know when I am in the "zone"

Thanks

Welcome to SMF ! Good to have ya. I myself have a GOSM and thry really are ver nice to use , I love mine!!

Thanks everyone for the great welcome.

I finished up a few hours ago with a boston butt and ribs on my GOSM. I wish I would have bought it years ago. You can't go wrong with it....My wife even approved...she says it is my best bbq ever. I have pics of the ribs (falling off the bone and wonderful smoke ring) I will try to post them later.  Again thanks for the wonderful welcome!

Last edited:
Welcome to the SMF Niteman. Glad to hear you're enjoying your new smoker. I am currently doing what you have just finished. I hope everyone enjoys yer Q

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to share your adventures, ask questions, or simply draw from the knowledge of the friendly folks on the forum.

Howdy. I grew up in Middle GA, but I earned my BA from Valdosta State. I'm now up in the NE corner of the state, but I'd love to get back down to Valdosta.

Here is the pic. Doesn't look that great, but it tasted better that ever. I have to work on the presentation.

Last edited:
Welcome to SMF!!! And Congrats on the GOSM and the Maiden smoke on it. Wonderful Zen of the thin blue smoke is almost tantric and such a feeling of accomplishment. Thank you for the great pics for drool material... I must go reheat the spares I smoked wednesday now...

Welcome and smoke on
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Welcome to SMF, and another hello from Canada , those are fine lookin ribs , glad that new smoker is workin for ya
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome aboard the SMF, you'll find lots of friendly advise and great tips from fellow smoke fiends. Smoke On!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky