Hey, 12lbs of chix thighs DOES fit...sorta (w/Q-view)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dadwith4daughters

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Orlando, FL
Doing pulled chix for tomorrow. Got a couple experiments going here. The first involves trying to keep these boneless/skinless chix thighs from drying out (I brined these too). Thanks to NavionJim, I'm trying the mayo route. I rubbed about 20 with mayo then put the rub on. I did about the same # with olive oil, then the rest as is. The 2nd test is about creating more surface area as I clearly have too much bird to fit on my Chargriller.

For the second level I took a turkey v-rack and flipped it. I then just took a cooling rack and placed it on top. The other rack is just something I found around the house.

At the time of this shot, the upper rack was registering about 10 degrees hotter than the surface grates. I'll keep you all posted with the final Q-view.

I did these ribs this morning, taking it 3-2 and will wrap from tomorrow and heat up for the final hour.

You're off to a great start, I'll be looking for the followup Q View!

Looking great so far, nice job Dad
icon_smile.gif
. Interested to see how your experiment works out.

Looking good grub,D/4 dots from another D/3 dots. If you please them u r successful.

Nice way to add more space to your smoker and glad to see those wings all fit! Looks like you're off to a great smoke this weekend. The weather is nice where we are too so that's an extra bonus!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Well, the results are in...I cooked these thighs at about 260 for 3 hours. Got the internal temp to about 170. The mayo created a tough exterior while the others were much 'softer'. I do think I might have over-cooked them a bit as I couldn't get the temp any higher for a shorter Q. But heck, they're all delicious.

Thanks everyone. Have a great weekend. My Q is done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky