Help with Wagyu Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

awillhide

Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
Wife bought be a wagyu brisket flat for my bday but unless I'm missing something they sent the point. Any recommendations on trimming and cooking this? Don't have much experience with Brisket so want to make sure I do everything in my power to smoke it properly. Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20230703_142911458.jpg
    PXL_20230703_142911458.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20230703_142927407.jpg
    PXL_20230703_142927407.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 21
First off, welcome to SMF!
Do you have a photo of the cut side, because it looks like they just cut a brisket in half & you have the point end with some of the flat attached. If that is the case, just smoke like any brisket. Trim off the hard fat (save), then 225-275 until you get the bark you want then wrap in butcher paper with some waygu tallow (melt down the trimmed fat). Back in smoker or oven until 200-205, or probe tender. Good luck & take some photo’s!
Here is one I did a while back:
Al

What SmokinAl said. Looks like they just chopped her in half. You got a little bonus, though you still paid for it.
I have observed that Wagyu or a super marbly prime may not need quite as much time or quite as high on the IT to reach desired tenderness. But, yeah, just do it like any brisky, like Al said.

And, yes, we want pics dang it.

Ouch a whole Wagyu packer cut in two. Personally I would shoot the butcher! However that doesn't mean it can't come out great. Follow SmokinAl SmokinAl advice and you should be good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky