Help snack stick question??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fullborebbq

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
Buffalo,NY
Ugh. I am making a trial batch of Teriyaki snack sticks with Ghost pepper cheese. So 3 hours in I realize there is no Instacure in it. Now I started with a commercial Teriyaki mix and add some honey as always. internal temp is past 140 at 4 hours in. smoking temps are as follows 130 first hour 145 second 2 hrs 160 at 5 hours.

40% 80/20 preground beef, 40 % fresh ground by me peeled knuckle and 20% pork lion also ground fresh by me.

I will finish to IT of 162 at 175 degrees.

BIG QUESTION Are they going to be ok??

Last edited:
Well they are out at 6 1/2 hours. They taste great just don't have the pink all the way through.

Any thoughts......

Hey dont feel bad about no replies, maybe some folks just dont know how to address your question.

Anyways

You got over 140* within 4 hours i would say your fine.

Reactions: fullborebbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky