help building smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

habeansha

Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Hi i'm new here. i somehow had a desire to build a smoker out my parents broken freezer.

Anyone ever did this before? Me a couple friends have ripped out most of the plastic parts so now it is pretty much just the insulation and metal.

anyone know how to remove the foam insulation? its really hard to get off and comes off in tiny pieces that i have to pick up. now im just using a shovel to pry off the largest pieces possible. is there any easier way to get it off? acetone didnt work.

also when i get most off it off theres still gonna be pieces left. i read somewhere that you have to burn it off. probably toxic or something. do i need a blowtorch to do that? its almost new years, could i just pop fireworks off in it to burn that crap off?

any advice would be appreciated as i have nooooooooooo idea what i am doing

Welcome To SMF...

Someone who has built a smoker out of a fridge or freezer should be along later to answer your questions...

Don't forget to stop by Roll Call and Introduce yourself to us and tell us a little about your equipment and experience.

That will give everyone a chance to properly welcome you...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky