Hello Mods and others. About Alerts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Hello Mods and others. About Alerts
It seems like I am only receiving alerts here and there. just started ( or I noticed ) Sunday or Monday.
When ever I start a thread and reply to someone's thread. I would get every response as an email. Now I only seem to get them here and there.
I noticed I only had say 1 response in my email list on my computer. But when I come on the site there might be 6 or 7.
Or even check on my Alert list and there would be responses from others to a thread I have posted to but not email at my end.

This is not a big deal. Just wondering if others have had this problem.
I remember it was talked about a year or so ago, but at that time it was not effecting mine.

I thought that maybe I had hit unwatch on a couple but I am getting a few so that is not it.
And nothing has changed with my computer, ( at least that I know of. And I refresh SMF every time I am done I actually log out.
And refresh my computer often ( soft restart )

Anyway just thought I would ask if it is just me.

David

Reactions: bigfurmn
Under your profile, then alerts, then alert preferences, is everything Checked that you want ?

Yes they were all checked and Up until Sunday I was getting everything.
But as I look ahead at Brian's response he says some were not checked. Seems to be running like it was on the weekend and like the last few years . Perfect.

David

Reactions: Winterrider
I checked and you didn't have it enabled to email you when you were quoted or mentioned. I have checked those for you. PM me if its not working. DRKsmoking DRKsmoking

Thank you Brian , I do not know how they got unchecked . But glad that is all it was.

Seems to be running like it was on the weekend and like the last few years . Perfect.

Thank you very much.

David

Thank you Brian , I do not know how they got unchecked . But glad that is all it was.

Seems to be running like it was on the weekend and like the last few years . Perfect.

Thank you very much.

David
I've been having a similar problem since yesterday. I double checked preferences and all appears good.
I PM'd Brian to triple check in case I missed something.
I blame it on living too close to the Canadian border in the summer. Only 100 miles up the road.

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Mine is doing it again, or I should say it is not doing it
Noting has changed at my end on my computer.
But received no alerts yesterday , unless I come on SMF and they are on the alert list just not sending to my email

Brian, bmudd14474 bmudd14474 I did not even receive the one in this thread from John, Fueling Around Fueling Around

David

DRKsmoking DRKsmoking your email provider is blocking our emails. I just checked the logs and they are bouncing them back to us and stating the were refused.

DRKsmoking DRKsmoking your email provider is blocking our emails. I just checked the logs and they are bouncing them back to us and stating the were refused.

Thanks Brian.
What is weird is I get a couple so not sure why only some would be returned.
I just got off the phone with my provider and he said everything is fine and both my emails are working fine .

We did 3 test runs and I received them all. And he said there is no block at my end or Their end I guess it would be.

I will change in my profile to my other email address and set it up and see how that goes for a day or so.

Thanks
David

Reactions: bmudd14474
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky