Hello from windy wyoming

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blackhorse

Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Casper, WY
I caught the smoking bug 6 or 7 years ago when a fellow soldier in the army cooked enough tritip to feed 100+ people over an open oak fire. It was hands down the single best thing I have ever eaten. Ever since I have been craving more and I finally bought myself a smoker (royal oak electric). I started out with 17 pounds of pork butt for my wifes birthday. I wish I had found this forum before because to be honest it could have been better but I've tried to tell the guests that and have received very strong arguments, everybody loved it. So now I tell them "think of how much better it will be once I know what I'm doing". Thanks to everyone in this forum , I have already learned so much.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You have come to the right place for lots of info. You will also find some great recipes here as well. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to the forum. I lived in Wyoming for 10 years, in Cheyenne. Soon you will have the perfect smoke blowing around in all that wind

Welcome Horse... yeah even so-so Q tends to be better than any the majority of folks ever had.

It's good that they KNEW it was better. Long story..but anyway..good to have ya!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky