Hello from Sin City

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Salty Jon

Original poster
Feb 4, 2019
My name is Jon and I've been dabbling in the smoking world for a few years. Currently an active duty member of the GREATEST Air Force that this earth has ever seen. I am right at my 20 year point and will stay in for another 4 years or so. I started smoking with a Webber upright a LONG time ago. After many moves, I got a chargrilled duo and added a side fire box for smoking. After a while I realized that I was unable to maintain temps in that ol' rust box and upgraded to a Masterbuilt 40 with a A-Maze-N pellet smoker for added smoke. On my most recent move to LV, I treated myself to a Traeger Jr Elite. I liked it at first but have started to dislike it due to limited size and too many temperature swings (50 degrees in both directions, proven with a thermoworks Smoke). I think I'm gonna start looking for a new smoker here pretty soon.

Hi Jon!
Welcome to
small-logo.png

First and foremost thank you for your service. Got retired Air Force in the family and nothing but the best.

MES40 with the AMNPS is hard to beat if you are on the move a lot and not much time to smoke.

Otherwise treat yourself to the best you can get!

Reactions: Salty Jon
Welcome to the site and thank you for your service.

Chris

Reactions: Salty Jon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky