Hello from Maryland

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

katman

Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Annapolis & Ocean City Md.
Hi all.  Just joined and looking forward to some conversation.  Not new to smoking--started many years ago smoking fish with a brinkman water smoker, added a small offset and then about 25 yeas ago got my first green egg.  Have several eggs now, a couple of weber gasers & kettle, and recently picked up a WSM.  Very interested in doing some cold smoking and thinking of getting an electric smoker for doing some of the tuna and other fish caught offshore.  Also have this new fascination with pellet grills so one may get added to the collection.

Hi Katman! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy to have you! Sounds like you have a lot of good experience to share! Looking forward to hearing/seeing some of it!

Hello Katman and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad you joined in the fun 

SmokinHusker, it looks like you can give me some pointers on sausage when I am ready to try.  That will be after I try some cold smoking.  I've got a few points to spend at cabelas so I am thinking of buying a cookshack or cookshack style electric smoker.  However, they also have some pellet grills so I have to make a decision.  I've tried cold smoking by hooking a couple of my green eggs together.  It works, but is a bit limited.  I see you have an MES 40--that is on my list.  Have you been happy with it?

A big welcome from Calvert County!   I have a lot of the same smoking toys as you do and love my Egg the best.  Let me know if you ever need a taste tester on that Tuna.  I assure you that I will eat as much as possible before I give you my honest opinion.  If you go offshore take some pictures for us please.  

'Rock' on (... well I guess you said you're heading offshore for some Tuna)

- Randy

Will do that Randy!  Offshore pictures show a lot of water, sometimes a bit of carnage, and once in a while a good fight.  Had a good run of yellowfin a few weeks ago but most of them are heading up north.  Send me a number and I'll give you a call if we slam them again.

Welcome from Calvert county as well....nice to see that S. Md is well represented!

Good luck chasing the tuna!

I cold smoked some cheese this winter which was outstanding, but didn't ge the chance to do the salmon that i had set aside for cold smoking.  Too hot now!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky