Hello from Long Island NY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ChrisR910

Original poster
Aug 10, 2023
Long Island, NY
Hi my name is Chris I live in NY on Long Island. I was doing a search for touch up paint for a smoker and found this site, after an hour of reading posts I had to register and join. There is so much great information here. I got into smoking about 7 years ago as something to do close to home while taking care of a parent with Alzheimer’s. It’s now an obsession with a few grills and one griddle and a new Lang 36 Patio delivered yesterday, hence the touch up paint. Looking forward to learning and getting new ideas and sharing some cooks in the future.

Hi my name is Chris I live in NY on Long Island. I was doing a search for touch up paint for a smoker and found this site, after an hour of reading posts I had to register and join. There is so much great information here. I got into smoking about 7 years ago as something to do close to home while taking care of a parent with Alzheimer’s. It’s now an obsession with a few grills and one griddle and a new Lang 36 Patio delivered yesterday, hence the touch up paint. Looking forward to learning and getting new ideas and sharing some cooks in the future.
Welcome from another Long Islander, where are you? Nice set of smokers, this is a great bunch of folks here.

No joke taking care of a family member with Alzheimer's, we did that with my MIL several years ago. I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

Welcome aboard Chris from Northern Vt. Glad to have ya join.

Chris

Welcome from Mississippi. Glad you joined up!
Look forward to seeing what you pull off the Lang. Dont forget the pics.

Jim

Welcome from another Long Islander, where are you? Nice set of smokers, this is a great bunch of folks here.

No joke taking care of a family member with Alzheimer's, we did that with my MIL several years ago. I would not wish that on my worst enemy.
Thanks clifish, I’m in Franklin Square. Nice fluke btw

Welcome from Nova Scotia Can.

Your going to like it here , great bunch of folks , and lots of smoking and some fun also.

My cousins grew up in Northport and 1 still lives in their family home there.

David

Welcome from the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Pinnacle, NC.

I was around 8-9 YO when we moved from Queens to a suburb of Buffalo. We used to spend literally the entire summer at Wildwood State Park a bit further out on the island.

We "retired" ad sold our NY farm six years ago and moved to our NC place full time.

I was around 8-9 YO when we moved from Queens to a suburb of Buffalo. We used to spend literally the entire summer at Wildwood State Park a bit further out on the island.

We "retired" ad sold our NY farm six years ago and moved to our NC place full time.
Wildwood is nice. My daughter goes to school at East Carolina U in Greenville NC. If she stays down south we may get a house somewhere in NC/SC????? Certainly won't be on LI

I like Wildwood I used to fish there

I used to like to fish at Wildwood, it has a lot of nice boulders in casting range from the beach. It’s too crowded now and a longer drive from where I live now.

Welcome from the Ninth Circle of Hell, Chris!

I miss Lawng Eyeland bigly! Used to fish out of Captree for killer blackfish and fantastic winter flounder and spent many mornings casting plugs in the surf for stripers, weakfish and blues from Shinnecock Inlet to the lighthouse - man I miss those days - bigly! I still have my surf rods and Penn SS spining reels from 35-years ago. Used to be the best fishing on Earth.

You will find the best smoking and barbecue info there is, on this site, along with a bunch of great people!

Last edited:
Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky