Hello from Illinois

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paul72

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 8, 2017
Rockton, Illinois
Hello I'm. Brand new smoker I did mac and cheese yeseterday for my first ever smoke. I have a master built electric wet smoker. I used hickory and all I ever got was white smoke and the dish tasted like ash I'm assuming I used to many chips. Can anyone tell me how much chips to use and how often do I change them. Thank you and look foward to learning new things on here

Welcome and jump on over to the Forum area where the electric smoker guys hang out. I bet they can give you good info!!!!

Welcome to the group!  Like Submariner suggested, check out the MES area.  You can also use the search magnifier for MES recipes and you'll be overwhelmed!  Good to have you with us!

Mike

Paul, 

Welcome to SMF!  Tons of information on the forum to help you become a top notch smoker.

Cheese can absorb smoke quickly (compared to meat).  I would only add about 1 oz of wood for every pound of Mac and cheese you are making.  Then if it is too light, increase the amount of wood on the next smoke.

I learned early on, to keep a log of my smokes, note what you did and what you did and did not like about the cook.  This will be a great reference guide and you smoke more and more foods.  I started my log/smoking diary more than 10 years ago, I still log nearly every cook in it and will look back a reference cooks from many years ago.

Good luck & welcome aboard.

Smoke ON!

- Jason 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky