Hello all. Newbie. Cool forum.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

R Cubed

Original poster
Aug 6, 2023
Been smoking salmon most of my life with Lil/Big Chief electric smokers, a Turkey or two & a few pork shoulders fer cuban-style pork Sansone weber kettles.

Recently acquired a Masterbuilt [mod # 20070311], Digital electric smoker, not sure if thats what it's called...

Have smoked some fish, pork shoulder for cuban style pulled-pork sans, pork country style ribs and a brisket. All turned out well, especially the ribs. I didn't wrap the ribs and wuz disappointed w/how they turned out until the next day when I put em in a pan, covered em w/ home made BBQ sauce, sealed
pan with tin foil and put em back in the smoker fer 2-3 hours. sum of the best BBQ I've ever tasted!! Brisket wuz almost as good.

Am having a problem with the smoker but hafta see where that should b posted.

Anywho, from what lil ive seen this seems to b a super cool forum (only read thru one thread but sometimes thats all it takes).

Y all take care & I hope yer enjoying yer summer
Roger in the Great PNW

Welcome from Mississippi! Enjoy your time with us. Look forward to your pics and posts.

Jim

Welcome from NW Minnesota.
I lived in the Pacific North Wet for over 16 years
Look for the electric smoker sub forum. tallbm tallbm is the resident expert on issues with MB smokers.

Reactions: tallbm
Aloha, From Hawaii!! Yes it is a great site!! So much incredible info here!!

Been smoking salmon most of my life with Lil/Big Chief electric smokers, a Turkey or two & a few pork shoulders fer cuban-style pork Sansone weber kettles.

Recently acquired a Masterbuilt [mod # 20070311], Digital electric smoker, not sure if thats what it's called...

Have smoked some fish, pork shoulder for cuban style pulled-pork sans, pork country style ribs and a brisket. All turned out well, especially the ribs. I didn't wrap the ribs and wuz disappointed w/how they turned out until the next day when I put em in a pan, covered em w/ home made BBQ sauce, sealed
pan with tin foil and put em back in the smoker fer 2-3 hours. sum of the best BBQ I've ever tasted!! Brisket wuz almost as good.

Am having a problem with the smoker but hafta see where that should b posted.

Anywho, from what lil ive seen this seems to b a super cool forum (only read thru one thread but sometimes thats all it takes).

Y all take care & I hope yer enjoying yer summer
Roger in the Great PNW
greetings from S. Florida (N Cuba) this was a good start, and welcome.
If you click on the forums tab above and scroll own, there a whole sub- section on electric smokers.
there's th equivalent of the old testament on the MES 30. I have two, and one died almost instantly and the other has held on a few years. Luckily
Ihave a compliment of other smokers and use the MES30 for short cooks like pork belly with a smoke tube.
You'lll find great help here without all the snarkiness of a typical "forum"
smoke 'em if you got 'em
john

Reactions: DRKsmoking
1691424995234.png

Welcome aboard.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky