Hello all. Newbie. Cool forum.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

R Cubed

Original poster
Aug 6, 2023
Been smoking salmon most of my life with Lil/Big Chief electric smokers, a Turkey or two & a few pork shoulders fer cuban-style pork Sansone weber kettles.

Recently acquired a Masterbuilt [mod # 20070311], Digital electric smoker, not sure if thats what it's called...

Have smoked some fish, pork shoulder for cuban style pulled-pork sans, pork country style ribs and a brisket. All turned out well, especially the ribs. I didn't wrap the ribs and wuz disappointed w/how they turned out until the next day when I put em in a pan, covered em w/ home made BBQ sauce, sealed
pan with tin foil and put em back in the smoker fer 2-3 hours. sum of the best BBQ I've ever tasted!! Brisket wuz almost as good.

Am having a problem with the smoker but hafta see where that should b posted.

Anywho, from what lil ive seen this seems to b a super cool forum (only read thru one thread but sometimes thats all it takes).

Y all take care & I hope yer enjoying yer summer
Roger in the Great PNW

Welcome from Mississippi! Enjoy your time with us. Look forward to your pics and posts.

Jim

Aloha, From Hawaii!! Yes it is a great site!! So much incredible info here!!

Been smoking salmon most of my life with Lil/Big Chief electric smokers, a Turkey or two & a few pork shoulders fer cuban-style pork Sansone weber kettles.

Recently acquired a Masterbuilt [mod # 20070311], Digital electric smoker, not sure if thats what it's called...

Have smoked some fish, pork shoulder for cuban style pulled-pork sans, pork country style ribs and a brisket. All turned out well, especially the ribs. I didn't wrap the ribs and wuz disappointed w/how they turned out until the next day when I put em in a pan, covered em w/ home made BBQ sauce, sealed
pan with tin foil and put em back in the smoker fer 2-3 hours. sum of the best BBQ I've ever tasted!! Brisket wuz almost as good.

Am having a problem with the smoker but hafta see where that should b posted.

Anywho, from what lil ive seen this seems to b a super cool forum (only read thru one thread but sometimes thats all it takes).

Y all take care & I hope yer enjoying yer summer
Roger in the Great PNW
greetings from S. Florida (N Cuba) this was a good start, and welcome.
If you click on the forums tab above and scroll own, there a whole sub- section on electric smokers.
there's th equivalent of the old testament on the MES 30. I have two, and one died almost instantly and the other has held on a few years. Luckily
Ihave a compliment of other smokers and use the MES30 for short cooks like pork belly with a smoke tube.
You'lll find great help here without all the snarkiness of a typical "forum"
smoke 'em if you got 'em
john

Reactions: DRKsmoking
1691424995234.png

Welcome aboard.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky