Guess it's about time.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coyote flatz

Original poster
Been hanging around for a little while and think I should join in.  Looks like there's a lot of good info flying around here and I can always us some input to the way I do or do not do things.

My name is Don I'm now retired and we live at sea level on the North Olympic Peninsula in Washington State.  I been smoking on a Louisiana Pellet Grill for a couple years now and I really like it until it comes to trying to do jerky, can't get it down to the 150 degrees I would like to smoke at.  And the temp adjustment is a little touchy.  But once I used it a few times I can deal with that plus this unit was given to me, so I can't complain too much.

I look forward to inner acting with you guys and gals.

Cheers.

welcome1.gif
 to the group. 

Hi Don! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us!

I had the same problem with my GOSM getting temps low enough to smoke jerky so I cut off the fuel and went with a small pan and about 5 or 6 charcoal briquettes and a couple of chunks of wood. That got my temps right at about 120* - 130*, just perfect for drying jerky.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky