Ground Waygu beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Preble County, OH
Been looking around at some of the online meat suppliers and ordered some Wagyu ground beef to try this weekend. Best burgers I have ever tasted. I can't afford the Wagyu or Kobe steaks but I will definetly be ordering some more Wagyu burger soon.

Who ever sell Wagyu ground meat should be tried and jailed...lol... I did have wagyu steak and I can't imagine why would anyone turn perfect wagyu steak (or meat) in to pulverized chunk of meat.... call me stupid but it is how I feel...

Reactions: phatbac
The local G Store has it in stock as a daily item, they are a exclusive SRF & RR store and it makes on nice flavored burger......not all the parts can be steak so burger is the resulting product which is amazing!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Bought a 1lbs pack awhile back at Walmart to test it, was a great burger and maybe the best 1 I ever grilled on the gasser, will buy more but life has gotten in the way along with covic and trips are short in time run in grab run out

Reactions: TNJAKE
The ground beef is probably made from trimmings. Steak cuts can sell for much more and I don't think they would grind up ribeye, or even sirloin or chuck. I would expect Wagyu ground beef to be relatively high in fat (maybe 70-80% lean?), which would also up the flavor. Does anyone know the fat content of commercial Wagyu ground beef?

Ok guys here is what I do I grind 3 1/2 pounds of Choice brisket, with 1 1/2 pounds of fatty pork belly trimmings. Put some cheese on it on the flat top & it’s the best burger you can imagine. However as a disclaimer, I have never had a Wagyu burger.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky