GrillGrates, worth it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I recently added a Weber Spirit II e-310 to my arsenal, looking for something for the nights where a quick/simple burger or chicken breast is on the menu. While the grill can hit north of 500*, it did a poor job of browning the meat. I was disappointed in my purchase. I bought a full set of GrillGrates for it and I'm very pleased with the results. It's like I have a new/higher end grill. I keep half the grates with the fins up and the other half flat, giving me an almost griddle experience. It really made cooking on this grill a much more fun. Hated to write the check for them, but no regrets.

Reactions: JIMSMOKES
The price is steep. has anyone tried making them? You can get corrugated roofing sheets in stainless, but it's the wide ripple pattern. You can get narrower patterns for landscape edging, but I've only seen it in galvanized steel. Although I think a lot of the zinc oxide fears are overblown, I'd sure avoid it in a very hot, direct-on-food application like this.

Reactions: DougE
I've had GrillGrates on my Weber Spirit 200 for about four years, after about a year of cooking on that grill without them. The difference is night and day. Improved moistness and flavor of everything cooked. No flare ups is nice, too. I have the GG scraper and spatula as well; make cooking and cleanup that much easier.

Use them about three times a week. I wouldn't have a gas grill without them. Great product.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky