Grilled Fruit Question?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
I did a search for grilled pineapple and or peaches. Not too much that I'm seeing here about techniques. I am interested in trying to grill these two fruits. Can anybody give me some suggestions about preparation and grilling methods? I will be grilling then on my Weber kettle. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

G

I've done pineapple on the grill, I just sliced it sprinkled a little sugar on them and grilled , comes out excellant. Never tried peaches but may have to try them

Reactions: Fueling Around
Peaches are probably our favorite because we can get fresh local ones this time of the year. Take whole fresh peaches and cut them in half and remove the pit. Brush the cut side with melted butter and grill cut side down over direct heat until they good grill marks, maybe 3-4 minutes. Flip over and grill the skin side for a couple more minutes. Brush cut side with more butter and honey or sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, and if you like a little heat, a small amount of cayenne. Grill on indirect heat until sugar melts/caramelizes and the peach gets tender. On a medium hot grill, this shouldn't take more than 5-6 minutes. Or place in an aluminum pan on a smoker or indirect heat. Can be served with ice cream or whipped topping. We eat them plain as a dessert or a side to whatever else is on the menu.
thumbnail (10).jpg
thumbnail (12).jpg

For fresh pineapple remove the ends and the peel, cut in half lengthwise and then cut each half lengthwise into thirds. Remove the core from each. You'll end up with 6 long pieces without the peel or core. Make a brown sugar glaze by melting some butter, add brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Stir to combine and thicken. Brush over pineapple spears and grill over direct heat on each side until you have a good sear on each side.

Folks have you covered but I'd recommend leaving the lid off the kettle. The fruit is very porous and will pick up a ton of smoke flavor. I did some pineapple on my BGE and the charcoal flavor was overpowering. Since then it's done only on the propane grill.

Robert

I've decided to give at least the pineapple a go. I may try the peaches as well but definitely the pineapple. Seems to be a perfect compliment to the throwdown theme.

G

I appreciate all of the tips and suggestions. Grilled fruit just kind of seems like a natural progression of my grilling obsession.

G

A buddy and I cooked at an Eggfest where you give out samples all day. One of his items was grilled pineapple. He dipped cored rings into coconut milk, then sprinkled a mix of brown sugar and cinnamon on and grilled it a couple of minutes on each side. It was really good. To hot to serve ice cream, but that would have been a great combo.

That's a first for me. Is the pork tenderloin?
For these it was mostly pork tenderloin and I think I had a small piece of loin in there as well. Cut the pork to length to fit in cored out pineapple. Hit the pork with bbq rub. I added Japs, onions and poblanos to the inside of pineapple with the pork. Wrapped in bacon and smoked at 250. I don't have any sliced pics but it's pretty dang tasty. Just slice it in rings and you get a ring with pineapple, bacon, pork and veggies

Pears halved and a scoop out of the middle then some blue cheese into the center makes a real tasty treat

I'll grill fruit every now and then. However I don't normally put anything on it. I just grill it to enhance the natural sugars in the fruit.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky