Grilled Pork Tenderloin w/Blueberry Gastrique

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Blueberries been dirt cheap. Made some jam last week and got some more berries this week. Trying to figure out what to do with them came across Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke Grilled Pork Tenderloin w/Blueberry Gastrique post and figured give it a try. Still have few packages to use for something?

First made the Gastrique. After it cooled got pretty thick but still tasty.

20230731_145923.jpg 20230731_174223.jpg

Pork seasoned with Jeff's original rub.

20230731_172942.jpg

Set probe down on table while getting the grill ready. I think I beat Robert's 118. I thought about using the Ninja in the house but wanted to stay true to Charles post.

Screenshot_20230731_173657_INKBIRD.jpg

Some of my Blueberry wine seemed fitting

20230731_172853.jpg

Pork indirect than finished over coals to 125. I wasn't getting the color Charles got cooking indirect or I would of left it. This the first time using this rub and might of had to do with that. Grill was running 400.

20230731_175429.jpg 20230731_175820.jpg 20230731_180405.jpg

Kind of piled on the sauce. Will remember next time not to reduce so much if making ahead of time. Used some fresh pesto in cucumber and Cavender's on tomatoes. I got a 4 pk of that B&V broth and sauce off BBQ store on ebay for $25 to make Keith's onions. Man those things good. I forgot I had some fresh beets to make but guess those will go with another meal.

20230731_181609.jpg 20230731_181643.jpg

Thanks for looking and thanks to Charles for the inspiration. I usual do pork tenderloin jerk style.

Last edited:
Oh man that looks so darn good. gotta love fresh veggies with a good protein like that!

Jim

Super nice meal Brian and a great write-up. As you noted, perhaps a bit heavy on the blueberries, but outside of that, I'd say it is perfection.
I think I beat Robert's 118.
You did up until yesterday. We hit 121 on the pool deck at 4:00 yesterday afternoon on yet another record setting day of high temps. Being 200 miles south of you can make a bit of a difference I guess. This heat has been insane and I've about had enough of it :emoji_astonished: I also need to learn to pace myself when it's this hot or just stay in the AC. I managed to get heat stroke again yesterday working outside for the second time in three weeks.Man, talk about feeling miserable!!
Thanks for looking and thanks to Charles for the inspiration.
So do we need to add Charles ( Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke ) to the list of enablers? Personally I think it's about time he joined our ranks :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I don't know about that. I was just looking at your shrimp post looking for a recipe for tonight.
I hope that I gave you some inspiration, enjoy!! I may do shrimp and/or fish tacos tomorrow night. Got my BIL from Pennsylvania in town through the weekend so might have to hook him up...:emoji_laughing:

It's a process Charles and it takes some time. You gotta start somewhere though. Remember, the people who built Rome were not enabled in a day :emoji_laughing: Hang in there my friend, you can do it.

Robert
I may run out of time, I am getting old(er)...🤣

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky