Grilled chicken on smoker, first try.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

englishsmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2021
The wife already had some chicken breasts marinating, so why not smoke em? 225-250 with super-smoke on the Traeger til 160. Now they’re resting, which I read should allow them to reach 165(?)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 39
Looks fantastic from where I'm sittin', makes me wish I had a BBQ chicken sanny! RAY

Looks great! You just gotta love that pink tinge poultry picks up from smoking.

Last edited:
I smoked some chicken breasts on my pellet smoker, and they came out like rubber. Any tips to make them better? I think I smoked them around 225-250. I didn't make any notes because they were so terrible I wanted to forget them. Haha

Looks good. We usually use just Italian dressing for chicken Breasts. Makes everyone happy.
I think that’s the basis of what she used. It came out well, maybe not the juiciest, but not dry. I used the Super Smoke until they actually stalled about 147 ( or I was just being impatient, and I bumped the temp a little. Took them off at 158ish. Next time I won’t use a pan as they got no smoke to the bottom, obviously. There was a decent but not strong smoke flavor. I used hickory.

Thanks for the feedback. Pork butt is thawing in the fridge for tomorrow. This was about setting up the IRF-4S probes and learning a process. The Traegers display showed about 15-20* lower than the probe at grate level.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky