Gout

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JIMSMOKES

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 27, 2021
Greenville SC
Have two family members that any pork triggers theirs. Being that we'll be having easter ham this weekend and both had a bad experience with ex wives and chicken.
Tryin to think of some beef I can fix for them. Just picked up a rotisserie for my kettle that I'd like to a twirl also. Suggestions?

Reactions: JLeonard
Whole ribeye roast for sure. Done it many times on my kettle and it's killer. Trim it, dry brine it for a day or two, season it, and spin it up.
Have you used the rotisserie for the kettle yet? Mine came with a bit of a learning curve. Mine doesn't seal up with the kettle very well and temp control was a bit of a problem. Mine is Weber brand. Figured out that to wad up strips of foil and pack them in the seam where it sits on the bottom half of the kettle and only put a charcoal bed on one side was the way to go. Pain in the butt but did the trick.
Yours may fit better. The one I have is at least 8 or so years old. Either way it's worth the trouble. Truss and spin a couple of whole chickens or bone in turkey breasts when you get a chance.

Reactions: JLeonard
Tryin to think of some beef I can fix for them.

Just picked up a rotisserie for my kettle that I'd like to a twirl also. Suggestions?
This makes a great meal .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Have two family members that any pork triggers theirs. Being that we'll be having easter ham this weekend and both had a bad experience with ex wives and chicken.
Tryin to think of some beef I can fix for them. Just picked up a rotisserie for my kettle that I'd like to a twirl also. Suggestions?
i'll second the rib roast. I always spun mine as I have a Napoleon with rear burner. this easter I will do my first on my WSM.

Rib roast is a great idea. Every now and then I shoot up an EOR with some Kosmos brisket injection and spin it for deli style roast beef. It makes killer sammiches.

Reactions: 912smoker
As the others have said rib roast. You can get a smaller 3 bone roast if you dont want to go full on Flinstones. Two yrs ago we did a ham, chicken and rib roast…. Was a heck of a clean up after dinner… Lamb is good too -rack or stuffed leg.

Ocean beef, Spin some lobster tails, shrimp, and/or crab meat.

Chris

GOUT has to be the worst name for a disease. The name makes it sound contagious.

Another vote for rib roast. I did one last week and can't wait to do the other I have stashed.

I have gout and my meat diet is 85% beef. Allopurinol would be their friend. Before allopurinol, everything made my gout flare up - doc told me to eat more chicken. I'm not much of a chicken fan but I'll eat it - guess what was a major trigger for me? Any kind of boiled or stewed chicken. I could eat it fried or baked, but things like gumbo and chicken and dumplings were like kryptonite, so things like that I would grill or pan fry the chicken and add it at the last minute. I haven't had an attack in at least 10 years. For the record, not being able to use chicken stock in cajun food or chicken and dumplings etc sucks major rectum.

Gout is why I pass a kidney stone about every 18 months.

I do a large pot roast (usually chuck) every holiday. I hate turkey and I'm mighty picky about ham. I didn't get a loin in the cure for Easter Ham (I slap forgot) so I'll resort to a store bought for the ones who like ham and I'll pig out on tender succulent pot roast.

I had gout when I was in my 30's.
Went to the doctor and he laughed at me.
Told me to just drink lots of water.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky