got venny

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jpp

Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
anyone have any tips on smoking high speed beef (venison)? i know how easy it can overdry n would hate to ruin a good piece of meat.

I always marinade venison for a while before smoke. Once I put the meat in the smoke, I keep the marinade close by. About once an hour I take the meat and soak it back in the marinade for a minute and back in the smoke. This helps me keep the venison juicy and also adds a great sticky glaze over the meat that also holds in the juices. Also depending on what I am going to do with the meat afterwards, I may even put the meat in the marinade and all of it back in the smoker or just on the grill. Let the cooked meat simmer in there for a few minutes and its awesome. If the meat is to be sliced up for serving, I will slice it and then simmer it in the marinade. Options are endless.

thanks matt for your input. im planning on useing a hq roast and smoking over applewood. but first i gotta try to smoke this beef heart. wish me luck eh!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky