gooey sticky breasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
It's probably been about 10 years since I had good 'ol chicken cooked on charcoal. Since I picked up the little Smokey Joe I've been thinking about it. First thought I'd get an 8 piece cut up chicken. Glad I didn't. My usual store didn't have any precut, so I picked up 3 honkin' bone-in skin on breasts. I remember as a kid Dad would always make chicken on the Sunbeam grill with gooey glazed BBQ sauce. It was a treat. So glad I didn't try the whole chicken on a 14" grill. The one thing about these little webers is, no matter how much charcoal you think you need... It's too much. 2/3 chimney, pushed to the side. 1/2 cook with breasts on the other side. Flipped to skin down directly over the coals, then flipped when skin crisped up and glazed on cooler side.
that's all.

bbq breast.jpg

It's probably been about 10 years since I had good 'ol chicken cooked on charcoal. Since I picked up the little Smokey Joe I've been thinking about it. First thought I'd get an 8 piece cut up chicken. Glad I didn't. My usual store didn't have any precut, so I picked up 3 honkin' bone-in skin on breasts. I remember as a kid Dad would always make chicken on the Sunbeam grill with gooey glazed BBQ sauce. It was a treat. So glad I didn't try the whole chicken on a 14" grill. The one thing about these little webers is, no matter how much charcoal you think you need... It's too much. 2/3 chimney, pushed to the side. 1/2 cook with breasts on the other side. Flipped to skin down directly over the coals, then flipped when skin crisped up and glazed on cooler side.
that's all.

View attachment 680718
Thank you all!

Looks perfect. My Dad used to make Leg Quarters on Charcoal when I was a kid. He glazed it with Saucy Susan, similar to Duck Sauce. I should try it, haven't thought about it in a long time. Great work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky