Goodwill Score

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The house we moved into in 1960 in Redwood City had a electric stove with the old fashioned exposed coils. Mama rattled them pots and pans for 45 years there, and a good decade before we moved there at least. I'm pretty sure the skillets I have left have the handles with screws or rivets, not much left tho

Reactions: chopsaw
Not going to be that early Rich, my parents got married in 1944, the stuff was most likely a wedding present. Too bad I didn't know you were on the lookout for this stuff earlier, I had a 12" skillet with lid we gave to Goodwill a few years back. I still have a 10 & 9 inch skillet with lids I think, tho I ain't positive. This first one is from a 6-quart stock pot, Bob's outside water bowl
What the heck Ray. Get your arse back to that Goodwill shop and get Rich that skillet and lid. Geeze I tell ya some people. :emoji_laughing:

Chris

I actually had all that stuff in my Lance cabover camper for eight years until last year when I sold it. Once it was decided my shoulders weren't going to do anymore camping or long distance driving things left here via garage sales and goodwill donations. A hell of a lot of pasta was cooked up in Bob's water bowls! RAY

Sounds like one failed high school science experiment trying to fix another.
Science! Really....

Here's a mock up for a dual sprayer setup before making permanent mounts and a fixture to hold the part being cleaned in the machine. 4" diameter spray pattern @ 10" @ 50 PSI nitrogen. This was an odd one as the sprayers both atomized the same solvent, normally they're different, say one acetone, the other IPA 99 for a rinse - etc.

1677791751953.png

Mine are 87 - A. On the top they have a silhouette of who I assume is Paul Revere with 18 on the left and 01 on the right. Then Revere Ware in the middle, the size under that, then the 87 - A under the size. Maybe A stands for America.
Yup . Most of mine are 87 - A , the 6qt. Dutch oven says 86 - A . They all came as a set .

They definitely don't make 'em like they used to!
That's true Red . The good stuff lasts forever if you take care of it .
Our Goodwill would have $30 on that,
Some of the prices went up here . Not worth it at some point . I bought a pair of Realistic speakers from the early 80's for 8 bucks . Re-foam kit was $30.00 . Walnut cabinets cleaned up nice . They sound good . Especially with some period Black Sabbath .

Yeah good score.

The Revere ware is the only pot my mom would cook her pinto beans in.

Reactions: chopsaw
That first one falls into the '47 to '68 . Made in the US .
Bob's drinking out of a nice Dutch oven . That date was the last of the good stuff .

Yeah, it had a nice thick heavy lid Rich. My older sis says they were around before I was born, when she was a little girl, six years younger than I. Nothing's too good for Bob. RAY

Some of the prices went up here . Not worth it at some point . I bought a pair of Realistic speakers from the early 80's for 8 bucks . Re-foam kit was $30.00 . Walnut cabinets cleaned up nice . They sound good . Especially with some period Black Sabbath .

Rich, I never thought of you as an Iron Man person.

Makes a great pot of beans . I have a 6 qt. with the heavy bottom . I like it better than the cast iron .

Or Tony Bennett
Well of course. I didn't like Tony that much back in the day, but as I got older, I've found a deeper appreciation for he. His duets with KD Lang or LAdy Gaga are very good too. Sinatra often said Tony B was his favorite.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky