Getting close to MB Gravity delivery

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
OHHHH I so can't wait..should be here Thursday.....Anyone season one yet? I have been watching seasoning tips so I get the general jist of it. I am just curious if anyone has any specific tips related to the gravity feed model. I would take any tips on putting together. I got the video and watched it so looks ok. I' am probably gonna do something easy like chicken breast or wings or something after seasoned... maybe that bacon meat loaf I saw.. that was cool.

it is coming ltl and I live in an apartment complex so I got me a furniture dolly. I live on 2nd floor also /sigh.. looks like I' am unpacking it and carrying parts upstairs after pushing it thru the parking lot...should be fun. Gonna have to sneak it past the office mission immposible style heheheh.

Sitting at the local Estes terminal all week.. called them yesterday and was told don't call us we'll call you basically. Grrrrrr delivery date was supposed to be today but still waiting on them to call me to schedule delivery date.

20 minutes out baby!!! Will post arrival and build photos. Won't be used till wed or Thursday though might not build it today either gotta work grave tonight.

Was a little awkward and heavy to bring up solo. Apartment maintenance guy was nice enough to help me bring it up. Gonna give building it today a shot.

Attachments

• 20200113_090003.jpg
    20200113_090003.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200113_085614.jpg
    20200113_085614.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Finished it ...no damage easy build ..handle sucked went fishing twice lol. Will stop in the morning after work and pick up some coals. Got a couple pound top round steak in the fridge will look at something small at Wally meat area when I get coals. Oh yeah will season it after picking up coals might not cook till Wednesday. Graves kick my arse sometimes. Spent all night last night chasing douchebag crimnals :<(
20200113_115955.jpg
20200113_115531.jpg
20200113_115517.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gmc2003
Nice looking unit - congratulations.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: negolien
You’re gonna love it! Congrats! Nice cover, I need to get one for mine.

Had to get the cover from MB or I woulda just purchased a unit from Wally's. Contract delivery guys were cool but not cool enough to drag that 165 lb box up to my house. Thank god for the maintenance guy.

Congrats, I opened the box Christmas morning and put it together the next day.
IMHO, for the dollars, it's one of the best cookers out there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky