GB flat jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This works fairly well.... I like it cut into small hunks.... Reach in the jar and eat... It also takes spices well.... shake and smoke...

About how long do you keep the smoke on it? Is it kind of the same as muscle jerky? I normally dry it for an hour at 120 then bump it up to 140and put smoke on it for 3 hours. Then after that 170 till finished.

See post 17.... 100-110 and add smoke... raise temp to 155-160 ish... and cook... I use pasteurization tables to do jerky and sticks etc. to avoid fat out...
Any questions ??? Happy to answer...

Sorry I should have been a little clearer with my questions.

Should you dry it too before putting smoke on it? Does it absorb smoke the same as a whole meat meaning if I do 3 hours of smoke on my regular jerky would the smoke flavor be close to the same? Maybe they are silly questions, I'm just inexperienced.

Thanks.

Considering the amount of surface area per pound, I'm thinking smoking for a lesser amount of time would be a good thing... Remember, you are going to get smoke on 2 sides of a 1/4" thick piece of meat... If that makes any sense...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky