First Timer Success

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mojo123

Original poster
Mar 15, 2020
First time smoker here. Just bought a basic Smoke Hollow smoker from Menards yesterday. Being a teacher in Wisconsin, I figured I better pick up a new hobby with the mandatory school closures. Decided to start off with trying pork spare ribs, I was too excited to take pics but surprisingly they turned out great!! Took about 6 hours and tried the popular 3-2-1 method. Next up, I am looking for some spicy jerky recipes if anyone would be willing to share with me! Thank you in advance

You can use the search form on the home page for some recipes.
I have used this and it is very good. Not overly spicy but you could add a .little additional if wanted.

Reactions: mojo123
Welcome from iowa! Glad to have ya. And being a teacher get ready for homework...except here it's called the to do list...keeps getting longer with all the new things and ideas you want to try.

Ryan

First time smoker here. Just bought a basic Smoke Hollow smoker from Menards yesterday. Being a teacher in Wisconsin, I figured I better pick up a new hobby with the mandatory school closures. Decided to start off with trying pork spare ribs, I was too excited to take pics but surprisingly they turned out great!! Took about 6 hours and tried the popular 3-2-1 method. Next up, I am looking for some spicy jerky recipes if anyone would be willing to share with me! Thank you in advance
Welcome to the addiction. Ahem! I meant hobby....

welcome from pa, great place here. can't think of a better way to kill time then smoking some meats, veggies what ever ya like. hope your not a English teacher my spelling ain't to good.

We don't need no education.

Sounds good Mojo. However we're visual pupils and pics although aren't required they are appreciated. Spicy Jerky should be an easy find on site. If someone doesn't chime in soon.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky