First time with the new smoker and abt’s

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tpc74

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 8, 2012
Berkley, MI
At least I think that is what they are called.

This is how it started;

IMG_0200.jpeg

But my jalepenos were a little big for the jalepeno plate. This how we ended:

IMG_0201.jpeg

IMG_0203.jpeg

IMG_0202.jpeg

Atomic buffalo turds. And they look pretty darn good! What was the stuffing?
It was cream cheese mixed with some extra sharp cheddar and some cooked bob evans sausage patty that had been crumbled up. The ones without bacon didn’t have the sausage (for the non meat lovers).

Reactions: Steve H
ABT is a new name to me. I've only ever known them as poppers and that they are tasty! I haven't made these in some time.

Looking good, I'd slam a few of them down and look for more

Yep, the most common name is simply Jalapeno Poppers, but those are usually the deep fried with some type of cheesy filling.
Second would be Atomic Buffalo Turds, generally done on the BBQ.
And the can be as simple as a cheese filling to as complex as your heart desires.

Range in size from whole or split Jalapenos as appetizers or sides, to entree sized huge Pablanos, Anaheim/Greens or even such as Cubanelles and etc.
Any sausage or shredded / diced meat can be combined with a filling.
Often bacon wrapped.

ATOMIC BUFFALO TURDS

STUFFED CHILES and PEPPERS

ChileRelleno's Chile Rellenos
ABTs, Spicy Garlic Bacon and Oaxaca Cheese
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Cubanelle Chiles
Classic Atomic Buffalo Turds
Smoked Jalapeno Poppers
Huge Pulled Pork Poblanos
Pablano and Green Chiles Stuffed with Pulled Pork, Sausage and Cream Cheese
MegABTs, Huge Pablanos Stuffed with Cheesy Rice
July Turd 2019

Lol I just saw my thread title had been autocorrected by my phone. Fixed it haha

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky