First Smoke, Pork Butt Roast, Need Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cfairfield

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Hello everyone. I have a new Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker and started with a 6 lb pork butt roast. I am using soaked pecan chips. Started off great. 225 degrees for almost 9 hours so far. The meat temp has leveled at 160 for a few hours now. I just wrapped in for foil. My smoker is outside and it did drop to 40 degrees overnight. but I never noticed the smoker temp drop below 224. I have 27minutes left based 1.5 hours per lb. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas.

You have hit whats called the "stall". Don't turn the temp down.. it usually will stay there a couple hours, the magic number you are looking for is about 205-220. You probably have a  3-5 hrs left to go given  the outside temperatures.
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky