First Shot at Snack Sticks...Hoooked Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

harvest122

Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Rochester, MN
Ever since I finished my smokehouse about a month ago I have been smoking something every weekend with great results.  This weekend was one I've been waiting for since Christmas Day when I arrowed a nice whitetail doe, I have had the scraps in the freezer just waiting to make some sticks.  After some searching around through the archives I got some great ideas and helpful hints.  Last week I ordered a LEM 5# stuffer and it arrived just in time.  Well I made 15# of sticks up ( 5# LEM Original, 10# Local Butcher Shop Sweet BBQ) , stuffed'em all up with the new LEM which worked awesome and flawless and let them rip in the smokehouse with my AMNPS full of hickory...needless to say I am now hooked on snack sticks and will be doing many more in the future.  Next weekend will be about 25# venison jerky... oh I can't wait...why does the work week have to be so long

Last edited:
Looks awesome! My stuffer shows tomorrow and have a Cabela's snack stick bag waiting, along with my October doe. Will be my first run as well. Thanks for the pics.

Your sticks look great man - nice job! 
thumb1.gif

Wow thats a huge stack of sticks. Did you use collagen casings?. By the way LEM also sells a 20mm tube for the jerky cannon. Good for small batches of sticks.

Wow thats a huge stack of sticks. Did you use collagen casings?. By the way LEM also sells a 20mm tube for the jerky cannon. Good for small batches of sticks.
Yeah I used 19mm smoked mahogany casings from LEM, to me they seemed to be perfect, but then again its my first time.
Nice, how long of ropes were you able to hang in smoker before you cut them?? oh and by the way
I was able to hang ropes about 30" in the smoker could of maybe done a little more but didnt push it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky